cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread locked - no further action available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've started this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3301861 one week ago, which got locked, and I don't know why.

So I searched this support forum to get some infos about what I can do now with this locked thread.

This is what I found:

1) Hit the "report" button to ask the moderator -> does not work because I don't see a "report" button or link or whatsoever

2) Close the thread -> does not work because I dont' see a "close thread" button or link or whatsoever

So can someone please help me to either unlock my thread or close the thread so I can open a new one which won't get locked?

Thanks,

Ben

@Moderators:

Please be kind and do not lock this thread, too. I really need support for this topic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mtremblay-savard
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Here is the answer for your first topic question :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2155652

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3178874

About the fact that your topic has been closed, moderator decided that you did not searched enough before your question, you cannot simply ask "how do you do 1+1?". Most simple questions already have been answered, so try to make your researches before asking people.

Hope this answers all your questions!

Best Regards,
Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, I already found those links with magic SCN and miraculous Google. I even searched the UNECE document in the comments of the wiki article for the correct ISO code, but I did not succeed. That's why I started the thread.

But this takes us too far away from this topic.

Because my discussion got locked, not closed, I'm not completely with you. Like I said, I've read something about closing locked threads or sending a message to the moderator by using the report button, but none of them appears on my screen.

Regards,

Ben

mtremblay-savard
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

So in fact, what you want to do is close your locked topic? You don't really need to do this. Just let it die. If what you want is to get answered about your initial question, try to create a new question topic but be more specific on your question, this way you might not get locked this time

Best Regards,
Max

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Close, lock or just delete: what's the requested action at this point?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I wrote in my opening post, I just wanted to know what I can do with this locked thread. I read something in the SCN help that you can do when your thread got locked (as I wrote in my opening post), but none of the actions mentioned in the help file is available for me.

But if I just can wait until the locked thread dies and then everything is fine - great, I'll do it.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The thread will remain locked and won't 'die' (whatever that means): it going to remain as it is until it's deleted or unlocked by someone with moderator privileges or higher.  I'm assuming that this issue isn't solved so I'm going to reach out to the moderator to take action.

Normally, people in this situation just open a new thread with more information, such as stating explicitly that links X and Y didn't solve the issue and you are looking for more answers.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've just heard back from the moderators.  Seems like there enough information in the space to answer your queries (267 threads, in fact).  It's going to remain closed.

The links Maxine shared are good starting points:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your effort, Jason. Basically I don't want to discuss the topic of the locked thread, but I feel forced to do it right now.

I don't want to list everything I did before while looking for a solution, but I've already found those two links among some others before I started the thread, and I started the thread because they did not answer my questions.

In fact, there are three main issues with my specific requirement which are unanswered:

1) How to use RPM as a part of a combined UOM properly

2) How to maintain the conversion calculations correctly

3) And the main issue: What if I don't find anything about a ISO-Code in the given UNECE documents (I have the recommendations #20 Excel sheet right here on my screen)

So If you ask SCN with the query "create new UOM rpm" you'll get 4 hits (including my locked thread) and the one I've read but that did not help that much, because it only cares about RPM as a single UOM for itself, not in combination.

You're right, I should have marked my thread as question but I'm sorry, I really don't see how it should have been frequently asked.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm really sorry but I'm not an expert in this field and am only trying to mediate as a an SCN global moderator.

Perhaps you should open a new thread and explain the business scenario for how want to use this unit, and explain what problem experienced/anticipate with an example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind, I did not expect you to solve this problem

BTT.

Well, I'll just open a new thread to explain my issue a bit more and mark it as question.

Anything I could do about my locked thread? Is there anything I have to fear like I cannot not open any new threads because I've got a certain number of locked threads (I've read about that somewhere in the SCN Support)? Imho, the locked thread can be deleted because the moderators do not want to reopen it, right?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There are no consequences of having a locked thread: no 3 strikes your out or anything.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding your statement

"I don't want to list everything I did before while looking for a solution"

please also respect  the responders who would waste their time researching and suggesting potential solutions that you already discarded.

Moderators cannot read your mind and have only your initial post available to decide for "lock" or "let go". Include as much relevant information as possible.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really hope they cannot read my mind, otherwise it would be very scary