cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

After running the BI initial setup for ABAP on java portal 7.30 . I have checked the configuration by BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool .

It shows only one error in RED "Export check (PDF lib, ADS, ...)".

Below is the status  and solution on BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool result :-

Check Message :- ADS does not work.(PDFDocument Processor failed to process RenderRequest Due to the following Reason can't parse argument number urn:AdobeDocumentServicesWsd/AdobeDocumentServicesVi/document)

solution : Follow the instructions in note 1052659.

Please suggest how to resolve this error. 

Regards

Vipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhumsr
Participant
0 Kudos

Resovled: 1112132 - The SAP BI Export Library

To use or deactivate the SAP BI Export Library, proceed as follows:

1. Log on to the ABAP back end of your portal and call transaction SM30.

2. In the "Table/View" field, enter the database table RSPOR_T_PORTAL and choose "Maintain". Confirm the dialog box containing information about the client-independency of the table.

3. In the list, search for the RFC destination for your portal and double-click this entry.

4. Select "Use SAP Export Library (PDF)" if you want to activate the SAP BI Export Library.

Restart not required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked for me.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perla,

Which fix worked for you? Just for reference and curiousity?

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan!

First of all I checked the ADSUSER as Deepak said, but It was correct. MadhuSudhan's fix worked for me.

Regards!

Perla Vianey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked for me too, thank you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghunandan,

Please test your user ADS_AGENT from Visual Admin -> Server -> Service ->Destinations ->HTTP->(Destination name) FP_ICF_DATA* (Logon correct)

As per note 1116245 ADS Check List before sending message to SAP use test service FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE in SE38 with and without service destination as ADS this is applicable since NW70 SP-8 or higher. This will help to assist the ADS is configured correctly.

Also please ensure the roles as per link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/f20dd8ca906bebe10000000a11466f/content.htm

is generated properly. I found instance where the config test was in error and everything was configured correctly the roles were assigned by they were not generated in PFCG.

Also when you reproduce the error at the same time what do you see in the DEFAULTTRACE file of you java server node?

Hope this helps.

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghunandan,

could you solved this issue?

Regards.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess password for ADSUSER has expired. In such a case you need to perform the following steps

1. Log on to 'User Management' of your AS Java:

http://<AS Java server>:< http port> -> User Management 

2. Display the user ADSUser.
    3. In the 'Security policy' field, change the setting from 'Default' to 'Technical Users' and save.

Regards,

Deepak Kori