SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Levels in Funds Management

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I was going through SAP library for Authorization objects in Funds Management. There is some ambiguity regarding the level of authorization in Funds Management and i want to clarify it.

1.For fund center authorization , i have two levels in mind. One is authorization check from reporting perspective i-e User A should only be able to his own fund center report i-e budget/actual. Other is Transaction level..e.g For planning purpose user A should only be able to to change/create plan data for the authorized fund center. For these what are authorization objects. From SAP help it is not clear . Please note that i have all fund center updated with Author group.

2.For Commitment item authorization, i have two levels.. One is authorization check from reporting perspective i-e User A should only be able view the allowed commitment items budget/ actual. Other is transactional , user A should only be able to plan budgeting data in the allowed commitment items. What are authorization objects for them

3. For Funded program , i have the same query.

Please guide me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

In general it is better to use Authorization Groups as they will reduce maintenance. Please see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/f0/ca3a20260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm

Whether a user has the authorization for a particular action depends on the activity (Field FM_AUTACT). Using the correct value in this field you can create authorizations to restrict various actions. Authorization groups must be entered in the master data of the object to be accessed by users who have authorization for the authorization group. You can always use the wildcard * if everyone can access the object.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

In general it is better to use Authorization Groups as they will reduce maintenance. Please see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/f0/ca3a20260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm

Whether a user has the authorization for a particular action depends on the activity (Field FM_AUTACT). Using the correct value in this field you can create authorizations to restrict various actions. Authorization groups must be entered in the master data of the object to be accessed by users who have authorization for the authorization group. You can always use the wildcard * if everyone can access the object.

Thanks

Shyam