cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we modify in SAP ME, master data coming from SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SAP ME and SAP ERP systems are integrated and master data such as Material, routing, BOM,Users are coming from SAP ERP through IDOCs.

I understand that in that case, if we need to add or modify any master data  we need to do it from SAP ERP.

However, I was just checking the possibilty of modifying the Material or Users data from SAP ME (modify the BAPI file) and in turn (after doing few more settings and configurations) it modifies the tables in ERP?

Can we do it and

If yes, then is this the easy way of doing it or it would be easier doing it directly through ERP?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

In ME 6.1 there is a new possibility to import routing data from ME to ERP. But I guess that's all. The rest of master data is meant for ERP-to-ME direction of integration only. So, you have to modify the data in ERP and then import the changes to ME.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks.

Is there any document giving this information? I could get hold of information about kind of data that can be transferred from ERP to ME. However it would be great to know more about 'not having' this feature of back flusing of modified data from ME to ERP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

First, there is a training course covering core of ME functionality and integration.

Second, the integration is described in the online help for example here and here.

Regards,

Sergiy