cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History data in SAP GUI disappears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an ongoing issue regarding the history data in SAP GUI. First off all, I'm a Windows technician so my knowledge in SAP is very limited.

Our customer reported that the "auto-fill/auto-complete" function in SAP stopped working. It was fully functional for about 10-20 minutes but after some time the data disappears.

In SAP GUI the history-folder is set to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\SAP GUI\History

History in SAP GUI is set to "ON"

Low Connection mode is "OFF"

What's interesting is that if we rename "SAP" in registry under HKCU\Software, and rename "History" under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\SAP GUI\, it starts working, but only for about 10-20 minutes... after that the history data has disappeard again.

Our setup is:

Windows 7 (32-bit)

SAP GUI 7.20

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the problem here, or any possible solution?

Br

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

script_man
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We have the same problem for some time also. But just today I found the following:

note 867131

Summary

Symptom

The SAP GUI input history is no longer working (input history is not displayed).

In the SAP GUI traces error messages like
"CSapHistoryDb::GetHistoryList: Microsoft JET Database Engine Syntax error (comma) in query expression"
can be found.

Other terms

SAPGUI history comma separator wrong symbol EAI Viewer Adobe Acrobat Irfan Viewer

Reason and Prerequisites

During runtime of SAP GUI a 3rd party program launched by SAP GUI alters  the syntax of SQL statements (from using "," to using "." in numbers) at some arbitrary time. This leads to the execution error mentioned above since SAP GUI's SQL statements cannot be executed anymore. This malfunction causes the observed SAP GUI History errors.
Known programs which cause the defect are:

• EAI Viewer
  • Irfan Viewer
  • Adobe Acrobat Reader

Solution

Remark: Please pay attention to SAP note 1650482 which introduces a  solution to the same issue in patchlevel 10 and hotfix 2 for patchlevel 9 for SAP GUI for Windows 7.20.

To prevent the issue described in this note, the following workaround has been introduced.

If the registry value "UseDot" (of type DWORD) is set to 1 under the path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI front\SAP Frontend Server\LocalData
the comma symbol in SQL statement will be replaced with the dot. This prevents the SQL execution error. This registry setting has to be done manually. Please create this value if it doesn't exist.

As of patchlevel 10 of SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 the same setting can be done under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

The history in SAP GUI works the first time all day. I hope it stays that way.

Regards,

ScriptMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We implemented the fix on friday. I called the user today and it's still working 😃

Seems like this fixed the problem, thank you Script Man

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mahendra_lama
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi ScriptMan, I was having the same issue and your instruction fixed the issue for me, thanks. I have Windows 7 64bit and SAP GUI 7.30.