cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To File Transfer - FTP scenario ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are having one requirement wherein we need to take a particular file from one of the SAP application server. The File is PGP Encrypted & kept in a particular folder in SAP Application server. we have to take this File & do the FTP to one of the extenral Server.

There are 2 requirments for this as follows.

1) we should do the FTP only after receivng the Sender RFC from ECC which contain the File Name & other details. (Currently interested only in File Name)

once we get this sender RFC. We have to pick-up this file from SAP Application server & FTP it to External Server.

My question is how to pass the file name to FTP adapter at runtime which in this case i am getting it from sender RFC.

pl. explain me this scenario step by step.

2) As second option where in there is no sender RFC. We need to pick-up ths File from SAP application server & simply send /FTP to External server.

pl. explain in this case also how to do PI configuration step-by-step including Sender & Receiver FTP Channel. sender Agreement / Receiver Determination

any mapping is required ?

Regards,

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

let me Re-phrase my question as follows.

we are having one requirement wherein the File will be written on one of the SAP application server.

the File is PGP encrypted File. We have to pickup this file & send it to our Gateway PI server which is another PI machine & from there we have to FTP this to outside FTP server.

kindly let me know Step by Step configuration required to be done in our Internal PI as well as Gateway PI server.

Do i need the ESR confirguation? According to me we dont need any mapping, so does ESR configuration is required.?

what all steps are involved in Internal as wll as outer PI?

pl. explain me in detailed.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

1. You dont need any ESR objects to be created

2. Create only ID Scenario and ensure you check the file name in sender and receiver CC in ASMA.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

Can you give me the steps by step document which i will have to do in our Inner as well as Gateway PI side.

how i will pass the message between 2 PI server. which channel i will have to use.

FTP or HTTP ?

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

There is no Document.....as such

Yes target side either you can write a file if you want with the same name...to another application server or FTP which can be accessed by another PI System.

or if you are requirement is to pass the message to other PI then you can use XI adapter posting the message to Target PI Integration engine with HTTP.

hope this helps

Thanks

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

First let me answer your 2nd option:

If you dont need any mapping, no need to go for ESR objects.

simply configure the scenario in Integration Directory. Create two File Channels. In the sender File channel use the transport Protocol as: NFS and use the File name schema.

In the Receiver File channel configure the FTP server and you are done.

Now the 1st Option:

Your query is not clear. DO you want to use the same File name at the target FTP. if thats the case use the ASMA feature in the receiver File channel and the same file name as coming from application server will be created.

Elaborate you question clearly to get this answered.

For the step by step configuration, kindly search over sdn. enough material is available.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anand,

Regarding my 1st option :

The Sender RFC will tell me which file i have to pickup from application server to FTP it to external server. how can i pass this name which i have received from sender  RFC to FTP channel ?

what is ASMA feature.

it will be better if you can give me step by step configuraion for both the scenario.

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How the Sender RFC will tell PI which file to be picked up? Q is not clear can you explain the process further.

Regarding using ASMA

you have the option of passing the same file name from Sender to Receiver by checking the File Name option under ASMA in both Sender & Receiver file channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ASMA means Adapter Specific Message Attributes by using which you can pass Source Name,Directory,Timestamp dynamically.

Please check out the below blog by Michal for better understanding of ASMA.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sende...

Thanks,

Prajwal