Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of defects into Solman

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning for migration of defects created in legacy system into Incident management in Solman 7.1.

Since the volume of defects is HIGH, we are looking for options to automate this process of creation of incidents (SMIN or ZMIN) in our solman system.

I was wondering if there is a mass create option wherein the input data is fetched from excel sheet? Is this possible. If yes, please suggest the process.

If not, kindly suggest alternatives.

Appreciate a quick response.

Regards,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP does not even support the migration of the solman 7.01 incidents (e.g. SLFN) to the solman 7.1 one's through mass processing report... so I don't think there's some kind of standard report...

You might create your own programs depending on the available data from your legacy system.

There are some useful function modules, you can use for creating incidents. However, you will need a valid data source (user, business partner, relationships, ibase components,..) to get the incidents into solman.

Regards, Richard

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response. Can you help me with function modules that would be helpful in this?

Any other alternatives through which we can achieve this?

Regards,

Imran

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I used BAPI_NOTIFICATION_CREATE for my requirements in solman 7.01 (creating new incidents), it also exists in solman 7.1 but there maybe others too, e.g. for partner, text or sap attribute updates.. just browse SE37 or SE80.

Answers (0)