cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when opening ESB and SLD - Getting a popup and a error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to PI and this is my first post here.

I am on PI 7.1. About a day back i was able to use "Enterprise Services Builder" and "System Landscape Directory" and successfully created some message types and mappings. I am using Internet Explorer 9 and JRE 1.7.0.

Although i read in this forum that IE9 and JRE 1.7.0 is officially not supported with PI 7.1, it seemed to be working fine till now.

Now when i try to open "Enterprise Services Builder", i get the below popup and nothing happens.

When i try to open "System Landscape Directory", below is the error.

I tried going back to JRE 1.6.0. But i get the same error.

I ran the transaction to "Test SLD Connection", It shows success message as "Summary: Connection to SLD works correctly" & "Summary: Connection to the XI Profile works correctly"

Any pointers on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

Rajvansh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Try uninstalling your JRE and install 1.4.2_19  or JRE 1.6.0 and try to open your IB.

This should solve your issue.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for replying. My system says it does not support JDK 1.4.2_19. I am currently on JRE 1.6.0, but that does not seen to help.

Thanks

Rajvansh

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you try using JDK 1.5?

Regards,

Mark

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Try to open you java ws in your local desktop and check if your jre is working correctly.

ex path :C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19\jre\javaws

and provide your url like below

http://host:port/rep/start/repository.jnlp

and click on start button

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with different browser Chrome/Firefox etc, if error still persists try restarting java once. '500 internal server' error indicates some issue with your java stack.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Try to install the Java version mentioned in Client installation guidelines link in Integration builder mail page.

Have a look at this.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Troubleshooting+PI+ESR+and+Integration+Builder+Logon+Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone who replied. It was not a straight forward fix, but involved restarting the Java stack, cleared all the Cache, temp files and installed latest Java version instead of the recommended older version.

Also enabled the compatibility view in IE9.

But it seems to work well with IE9 and the latest Java version.

Thanks

Rajvansh

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Try to find the SLD error in the java default trace (NWA -> Log Viewer -> Developer Trace). There should be more information about the error.

Regards,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

How do i get to Java default trace? Is it transaction ST11 Developer trace? If so which file should i check?

Thanks

Rajvansh

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the default trace in the NetWeaver Administrator:

1. http://host:port/dir

2. Configuration and Monitoring -> NetWeaver Administrator

3. Log Viewer

4. Show View -> General -> Default Trace

Regards,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto

That does not open at all. It just displays a blank page.