cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure assemblies without using production orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My Client is an Engineering company who doesn't have much of a production process. The client  wants me to configure the production cycle through network activities using assemblies. Can anyone help me out regarding assemblies.

PS: Please do not confuse assemblies with Assembly Processing.

Thanks & regards

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

we can process all assemblies as like as Production process in Network activities.

create BOM for material to be produce.

assign BOM header to one of activity with -ve quantity

then transfer all the component using CN33

check material availability via Co24 this will show missing component in project

then get all the component in project stock via purchase process or transfer posting

network activity confirmation via CN25 as this is also used for material movement.this will consume all component from project stock movement type 281 and Do GR of BOM header to project stock movement type 581.

this will behave just like production process.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil,

Should I attach separate materials with negative quantity to the activities for different activities.

Say for example, if I have operations cutting, punching & welding. Should I attached separate materials to each activity  with negative quantity to undertake the operation.

Could you be a bit more elaborate please.

Thanks & Regards

Sagar

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

lets say you have 3 activity to produce a product.

first activity: assigne BOM item with -ve value and transfer BOM with component with Raw material.

second activity: BOM will contain Bom header of first which is processed and Received after first activity.

then semifinished material received from second activity will be component for third BOM item and assign to third activity.

finally you will get finished product.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil for the reply,

Let us say I have to engineer a steel column. Steel Column is my raw material. My finished product after cutting, punching and stamping is Column1.

I have 4 activities engineering, cutting, punching and stamping.

I have attached a BOM Column1 with BOM items cut-col (semi finished), punch-col (semi finished) and stamp-col (semi finished) to engineering activity with a negative quantity.

When the BOM is transferred, cut-col is attached to Cutting activity, punch-col is assigned to punching activity and stamp-col is assigned to stamping activity.

From here on please describe what happens when each activity is confirmed. And please mention the movement types I have to use for internal transfers.

Once the column1 is engineered I should deliver it through CNS0.

Once again thank you very much for the reply.

Thanks & Regards

Sagar.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to create 4 BOM as below:

Column 1(Finished)

cut-col (Semi finished3)

CUt-COL(Semi finished3)

Punch-col(Semi finished2)

Punch-col(Semi finished2)

stamp-col(Semi finished1)

stamp-col(Semi finished1)

Steel column (Raw Material)

assign all BOM to different activity where BOM header is assigned as -ve quantity and BOM transfer via CN33 which will assign component as +ve quantity. now confirm these activity one by one from lower side.

+ve quantity will consume while confirmation movement type-281

-ve quantity will Received while confirmation movement type-581

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thannk you sunil for the timely reply......!