cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Removal Policy in AFARIA

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was exploring the feature of Removing Enterprise Application pushed through AFARIA in samsung android devices. By exploring the reference document i came to know this feature is possible only on Samsung AES devices. I need to know what are all the devices available in market in AES capabilites for SAMSUNG.

Is there any other way to remove the Enterprise Application pushed through AFARIA in other Android version without remote wipe?

Thanks for your support in Advance.

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Most Android devices without AES have very limited MDM policy support and this includes App removal policy.

Samsung devices with AES:

Samsung Galaxy S

Samsung Galaxy S III

Galaxy Note II

See: Samsung SAFE

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried app removal policy in Samsung Galaxy Y device. But i was not able to remove the application which is installed using Afaria, the same was working in Galaxy Tab.

Mentioned below are the steps i follwed:

1. Downloaded and Installed Afaria AES version checker app from google play

2. Downloaded and Installed the correct version of Afaria which is mentioned by the Afaria AES version checker app from google play

3.Pushed App removal policy to both Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Y device

4.Installed Application removed from Galaxy Tab but not in Galaxy Y.

Kindly verify me whether i followed the correct steps for removing application from Afaria

Regards

Praveen

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Afaria can only remove apps that were installed orginally from the Afaria enterprise App Store.

Also it must be (I believe) the same Afaria version that originally installed the Enterprise App, i.e. not sure if installing Afaria, installing app, removing Afaria, re-installing Afaria then trying to remove the App would work.

So to modify your steps:

1. Downloaded and Installed Afaria AES version checker app from google play

2. Downloaded and Installed the correct version of Afaria which is mentioned by the Afaria AES version checker app from google play

2.5. Push App to install on both Galaxy's.

3.Pushed App removal policy to both Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Y device

4.Installed Application is removed from both Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Y.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

How to apply application removal policy for ios devices.I want to remove application and its data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now in afaria 7, LG also supports the feature of App removal.

When i tried App removal policy. i was able to remove applications from Samsung devices which have AES2 version installed and it failed in the devices in which AES1 is installed. as there are two versions available in Play store.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

You must download the App originally using the Afaria Enterprise store. When you do this the App is then under Afaria control and it has permission to remove it.

If the you originally loaded the app from the Google play store or some other store, simply uninstal it normally then reload the app via the Afaria Enterprise store (create a pointer to the Google App in the store)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the app which i pushed through afaria and then removed it using configuration policy. it worked fine for Samsung AES2 client but it doesn't work in case of Samsung devices having AES1 installed.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh, maybe AES1 does not have remove as a MDM capability. None of my information goes down to that level. I would raise a case with SAP support and see what they say.