cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I searched in sap forum for my error but i dint got suitable solution.

Actually i created a project structure with general cost activity and services activity.So the planned values are updated.While doing the budget in CJ30 for WBS,it is not allowing to budget the WBS with lower budget comparing to the planned values(assigned values) as well as higher values comparing to planned values(assigned values).It is giving an error message as below. for some wbs there is no planned values for that if we give budget in cj30,its giving same msg.

I set budget tolerance as 80% warning and 100% as error message.

In CJ30 the the assigned values is also up dating corresponding to the planned values.Am doing Annual budget.Pls suggest me how to solve the issue.

Item WBS element DC-201201-01-03 budget exceeded

Message no. BP604

Diagnosis

In document item WBS element DC-201201-01-03, budget  for fiscal year 2012 was exceeded by 93,951,392.24 BTN.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed,

Go to CJ30 and check if there is any budget is showing as distributable for that specific WBS Element.

If value is available in distributable means the budget is available for you.

Also, try to run report S_ALR_87013558 (Budget/Actual/Commitment/Rem Plan/Assigned)  to check what is the available budget.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank to all for your valuable replay.

Actually i assigned cost actyity in project for xx amount.it is used for planning.then i assigned budget xx amount in cj30.then i booked some actual value for some wbs yy amount.

While am running

S_ALR_87013558 (Budget/Actual/Commitment/Rem Plan/Assigned)  report the assigned value is showing is xx+yy amount.but xx value is added as an cost activity it is used for planning.it is showing as assigned value.it should not show as assign value.for that what i have to do?any config change i have to so?

the planned value is up dating as assigned value.how to avaide this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to maintain versions in planning  and budgeting this will solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

using t code OKEQ you maintain versions, 1,0

do planning in versions and then posting

Planning/budgeting version

FM area oriented summary of budget and planning data for a defined fiscal year.

Use

This version allows you to manage parallel budget and/or planning data for the same object.

Procedure

Enter a key here to clearly identify the desired plan and/or budget version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In report S_ALR_87013558 (Budget/Actual/Commitment/Rem Plan/Assigned) Assigned value = Actual + Commitment.

Check your settings in OPSV for defining order value updating for orders for Projects.

Also go through below sap help describing configuration of OPSV

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/08/e42c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/frameset.htm

Also refer Assigned value calculation in Projects

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/EN/6e/ee7d385deb730ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

i unchecked the tick mark in order value updating for orders for project (opsv).So the planned general cost acty value will not be considered as assigned value.But i did this option afret creation of project acty and budgeting.

How to remove the assigned values now.already the values r in assigned.i did config change now/

pls suggest...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

I think you have done config changes after creation of project acty and Budgeting. Hence changes will not reflect. Try once by reconstructing Project info database via CJEN.

Since config changes are done , try creating new project and do budgetting from start..

Check in test system first.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tryed by doing network type config change.in that i made tick mark in planning for not to planned values to update as assigned.

It is working in the report S_ALR_87013558 (Budget/Actual/Commitment/Rem Plan/Assigned).

But in CJ30 the assigned values r still exit.

Is it possible to change in cj30 assigned field?any solution. or else we can change in table level.Pls suggest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to All.

I got solution.I did config change in network type->made tick mark in planning.Then i did CJEN.Then i did CJBN- Reconstruct availability control for project.

So the issue resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for sharing the solution to the forum.

Please mark the question as answered as it still shows as not answered.

Regards

Tushar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CJ30, try Extras, Availability Control, Analysis.

also, check the Distributed and Distributable values to see where the error is occuring.

And Make sure the yearly budget distribution is adequate for 2012.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear mahmood

Please check OPS9 budget profiles for IM. Please check if the annual and total values indicator are ticked.

Please check both the indicators and you will be able to execute CJ30.

WBS elements budget must be equal or bigger to all the budget of their subordinate WBS elements.

Prashantkumar