Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC service item to PO classic - BE_ITEM_TEXT

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are in SRM 7.01 with backend ECC 6.05 with classic scenario. We have scenario where we create SC with service items. As you might already know in SC, there is no service hierarchy in Shopping Cart. However when the PO is created in ECC (as we are using classic scenario), the PO will be using service hierarchy. We see that SAP is creating outline service by grouping services having the same material/service group and the same delivery date. And for the PO item itselft the PO short description in the line item is filled by group description.

However I saw that there is a field in SC called "Description of service item" (BE_ITEM_TEXT). When browsing, it seems that in old SRM, it is used to group services into one line item. However it seems not working now in SRM 7. Is there something that need to be done to utilize this field.

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos
hi sebastian,  i thought this configurable item is only relevant for public sector? do u mind to explain further how this can help on grouping the service?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Your question is little bit confusing to me, Could you please provide exact detail which you are looking for?

There is new features with EHP2 for service un-bundling; A very nice blog written by Tridip as well on the same.  Not sure if you have went through that http://scn.sap.com/community/srm/blog/2012/08/29/adding-power-to-the-procurement-of-services-using-s...

If you are on EHP1 then standard should work if you have different delivery date then line item split and not bundle while creating PO along with the Description of Service item. Are you looking to not have spilted that one?

Thank you

Ritesh

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

The problem is that SAP pass the service group as the description of the PO line item which is not very meaningful from business. At the moment there are 2 ways for our user to create requisition. One is through PR, in which the PR service will have hierarchy, which they will create like this:

Line item 1: Services on Site A

sub-line 1.1   Preparation

sub-line 1.2   Construction

sub-line 1.3.  Closing off

Line item 2: Services on site B

sub-line 2.1   Preparation

sub-line 2.2   Construction

sub-line 2.3.  Closing off

As you can see in here the outline of the services have a meaningful description which to show in which site the group of services are being performed.

Compare this if we create in SC:

Line 1 Preparation

Line 2 Construction

Line 3 Closing off

Line 4 Preparation

Line 5 Construction

Line 6 Closing off

If we create the PO, it will be grouped based on material/service group and delivery date. While the description will come from the group description

Line item 1 Const-serv-init

Sub-line 1.1  Preparation

Sub-line 1.2  Construction

Sub-line 1.3  Closing off

Sub-line 1.4  Preparation

Sub-line 1.5  Construction

Sub-line 1.6  Closing off

In which the grouping doesnt really helping the business.

i see that in SC for services, in addition of the description we also have field called "Description of service item" (BE_ITEM_TEXT). From older post in SDN such as in http://scn.sap.com/thread/333423  it is explained that this field can also work to collecting the services and I assume that if filled this can be used for us to give more meaning on the PO line item services (because even in BBP_PD the description of this field callsed "Short texf ot PO service item") So I kind of hoping that by filling this can give me the structure almost like the one that I have if I create PR/PO service directly in ECC.

However when I test this, it seems not working. Is there anyway I can utilize this field to reach my end?

Best regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you for detail information on what exactly you are looking for. Your understanding of BE_ITEM_TEXT is absolutely correct and with SRM 7 also it should behave exactly what the SCN thread you referred with old SRM version.

I have quick question; You mentioned that you have tested it hoping it works Could you please share how exactly you have created the Shopping cart?

If i have to create SC, I will create like this;

Line 1 Preparation

Line 2 Construction

Line 3 Closing off

Line 1,2,3 BE_ITEM_TEXT (Description of Service Item): : Services on Site A

Line 4 Preparation

Line 5 Construction

Line 6 Closing off

Line 4,5,6 BE_ITEM_TEXT (Description of Service Item): : Services on Site B.

As i have posted a nice Blog from Tridip, If you have SRM EHP2 then un-bundling functionality.

We are also on EHP1 and we are not using hierarchy like you do so what i have done is implemented DOC_CHANGE_BADI and overwrite Description of Service from Item description what requester entered so that it will not bundle when PO created in ECC.

Thank you

Ritesh

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

What I have tried is creating the SC with this structure (flat):

Line 1 Preparation  --> service description: services in site A

Line 2 Construction --> service description: services in site A

Line 3 Closing off --> service description: services in site A

Line 4 Preparation --> service description: services in site B

Line 5 Construction --> service description: services in site B

Line 6 Closing off --> service description: services in site B

I hope by having different description between line 1,2,3 compared with line 4,5,6, when creating the PO, SAP will create 2 outline item:

Line item 1: Services on Site A

sub-line 1.1   Preparation

sub-line 1.2   Construction

sub-line 1.3.  Closing off

Line item 2: Services on site B

sub-line 2.1   Preparation

sub-line 2.2   Construction

sub-line 2.3.  Closing off

But this is not happening, as SAP create PO classic with this outline:

Line item 1 Const-serv-init  (description of the material group)

Sub-line 1.1  Preparation

Sub-line 1.2  Construction

Sub-line 1.3  Closing off

Sub-line 1.4  Preparation

Sub-line 1.5  Construction

Sub-line 1.6  Closing off

If you say that this should work, can you help me pointint out what needed to be done so I can influence the item splitting logic?

Best regards,

John

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

Can someone help me with this issue?

John

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Have you tested making your own grouping logic at Configurable Item Numbering in SRM customizing?

Regards,

SG