cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc could not be opened for data transfer to inspection lot. (See Pictures)

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

I am having problems with getting the results into multiple Inspection Lots when doing the Good Receipt on a Inbound Delivery after creating IDOC's. This process works perfect if you are only processing the Inbound Delivery with one Line Item#. Once we try to do it with two or more Line Items when doing the Goods Receipt on the Inbound Delivery, the quality results do not get updated in the additional lots. I have tried creating a IDOC for each Line# and Material but only the first line item#/material qualtiy results gets transfer to the Inspection Lot. If I go to QC55 and select the Certificate and try to manually tranfer the quality data to the Inspection Lot for the additional Line Items then I get this error message. "IDoc could not be opened for data transfer to inspection lot".We have made sure that all Work Flows have
been activated to trigger the work flow process that looks at the Inspection Lot status CROK (Certificate receipt confirmed). Can you please tell me why all the Inspection Lots do not get updated with the Quality Results when doing a Inbound Delivery with multiple materials?

1)  I create a PO using ME21N with two Line Items (different materials) for an Inbound delivery using an IDOC.

2)  I create the Inbound Delivery IDOC for both materials with different Line# using WE19. This process works when doing the Inbound delivery process.

3)  I also create an IDOC for the Quality Certificate using Basic Type (QALITY02), Message Type (QCERT). I have also established a partner profile for the Vendor. This process also works when creating the IDOC for a single Line Item on the PO. However, additional Line Items will not get processed into two or more lots. The first one alway gets updated successfully.

4)  I have setup configuration to allow for QM Procurment in SPRO and turned on the QM Procurment in the Material Master along with setting up the Quality Info Records to execpt the Certificate upon Goods Receipt.

5) The last step is when doing the Inbound Delivery Goods Receipt, it creates both Inspection Lots for each Line item but only updates the results for first line item / Inspection Lot. The second Inspection Lot does not get updated with the results from the Quality Certificate.

Process flow using pictures. (Pictures are numbered)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darren,

Thank you for the complete description. I was looking for something like this as a solution for one of my customers.

I just saw your question and I might give an explanation why it is not working for more then one line:

in the IDOC segment E1EDK02 you entered item 000010. This means that the document is only for line item 000010 in your process.

You should also enter a second segment for item 000020 in E1EDK02. This might help you to process also your second line. You can copy the segment when you are  creating the Idoc in WE19