cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROLE MANAGEMENT BUSINESS GROUPS / Appl Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am starting to configure business role within the system and when I go to Role Maintenance > Create "Business Role" it asks for a Landscape. I've read that this is always supposed to be "ROLE MANAGEMENT BUSINESS GROUPS" but I haven't seen where this would be configured.

Does anyone know if this is supposed to come out of the box or if I simply need to create another "logical" connector group and assign it application type 07 –Business Roles under Access Controls > Maintain Mapping for Actions and Connector Groups?

Also, does anyone know if you can remove some of the extra application types when creating a single role? I don’t want users to see things like LDAP, Enterprise Portal Etc (only ABAP). Ideally users would only see the application types mapped to connectors and or Conn Groups.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle

Have you had a look at SAP  Note 1608580 - GRC 10.0 BRM Business Role Landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any chance you ran into the name space issue forcing Z* or Y* on the Business role connection type? Anyway around it?

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Pretty sure it was a yellow warning message so I entered through it. However, I'm am using a sandpit system before I start building in dev - hope the namespace issue is not a red error then

Answers (0)