cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with multi-level VC in a PO not showing VC sub levels navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

I hope you don’t mind me reaching out to you directly.

I was reading a response you made to Monst Yang in July last year.

We are working on a POC at HP in Palo Alto, and are experiencing the exact same problem. I was wondering if you could make suggestions as to why we are seeing the same behavior in a PO.  Let me elaborate on the set up and what we are seeing.

We are creating a Sales Order using a multi-level VC with KMAT main and sub items.

It is creating the appropriate call outs of TAE sub line items in the SO, we can navigate to all levels of the VC in the SO, and the correct CUOBJ entries are recorded with the SO as the Owner of the config.

When we create a Requisition and PO however there are no navigation buttons in the VC display, and we can only see the upper level of the VC.

If we create the PO directly we cannot see below the high level of the VC – again no navigation buttons.

We initially had no MRP in the KMAT Material Master, so we went ahead and created the MRP for the upper and sub-item materials, and set the Strategy Group to 25, but this did not help.  If we remove the strategy we get the same result.

Any ideas ?

The system service port  is currently open. If you would like me to, I can open a Customer OSS Note so that you can get access to look at our settings.

Many thanks,

Peter Pentz

Principal Applications Consultant MM/SD/LE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not Active Contributor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesch,

If I am understanding what you are saying correctly  .....

We are not using MRP to generate the Requisition for Purchase, we are generating it on creation of the Sales Order - triggered by a setting on the Schedule Line type.

The entire high level KMAT is ordered via an Idoc.

The company has an Order management system, and a seperate instance Order Fulfilment system (Production environment)

In the Order Management the customer SO generates a PO and sends it to the Order Fulfilment system via Idoc.

Peter Pentz