Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF - Substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have WF approval process for PO.

When a user keep subsitute, WF directly goes to another person who is not involved in the approval process.

I have few questions in mind.

1> If i have a user id, how can i check the persons involved for approval process for that user id./

2> How to keep a substitute?

I checked the transacion code PPOMA_BBP. but i am unable to find the approval process involved for a user id and unable to find subsitute as well.

It would really help if you can share some ideas or information on the above questions.

Thanks,

Macs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I did not understand your first question. Let me reply to second question.

You can setup substitute from your 'Approval' screen itself.

For example, you are the approver. You are going on leave from 27-Feb-2007 to 05-Mar-07. Then you do the following:

1) Click on 'Approval' transaction in your SRM webpage

2) Click on 'Substitute' button

3)You will see 'Assign Substitute' button at the bottom. Click that

4)Click on 'Add Substitute' button

5) Set the dates as required.

Set the Status (Passive or Active) -- Desc is clear enough

Select the user

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thanks for your information.

Actually i am looking for approval list for SC of an employee. If an employee creates a SC, then system gets the available approvers for that SC based on config.

1> So, how can i find the relation between the Employee and the approver in PPOMA_BBP ?

2> How can find an employee has authorization to approve a SC?

Thanks,

Macs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Incase in your system the <u>BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI</u> is implemented, you can get all the Approvers / Reviewers for a Shopping cart.

Also, refer to transaction BBP_PD to get all the related details associated with the shopping cart.

Incase the Manager flag is set to 'X' in PPOMA_BBP for the EBP user and that user belongs to the same organizational unit (under the company - object id), then the person can approve the sc.

Refer Function module -> BBPU_GET_MANAGER_FLAG to see whether the Org User is amanager or not.</b>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Macs

It's easy.

1) In Txn PPOMA_BBP, check the department of the user. Check all users in that department who is ticked as 'Head of Own Organization Unit' in the function tab. They are the managers of that department and so 1st level approvers.

2) If you dont want to do all this and find directly, then do this.

a) Txn: SE37

b) Execute FM BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_ORG_FROM_USER. Give the user name in USER field and execute. You will get Org id as result.

c) Execute FM BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_MGR_FROM_ORG.

Give the above result in IV_ORGUNIT and execute. You will get manager's user id.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

You have provided me a good information. Thanks for that.

I have another question,

If a employee (who can approve SC) uses substitute another employee lets say Macs, then do the Macs need approver authorization for that to approve SC onbelalf of Main employee? How to check whether employee Macs has approver SC authorization?

If substitute employee (Macs) doesnot have approver role, what would be the status of SC. Does the work item go to next superior for Authorization?

Thanks,

Macs.

Thanks,

Macs

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

My understanding is that, the substitute should have 'Approval' auth (MANAGER role has it). Substitute need not be in the same department etc.

If he does not have 'Approval' auth, what hapens ?..am not sure..can you pl try once..and update this message.

Best regards

Ramki

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use FM RH_SUBSTITUTION_MAINTAIN

Put the user id for whom you want substitue date from period to periods etc make it active by x in that period.

Brgds

Gopesh

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is some transaction that maybe usefull:

SWI6 : check workflow for an object (SC, PO, ...)

SWI5: workload analysis, usefull to check if a specified user has workitem in his inbox.

Table HRUS_D2 : table of substitutes.

Rgds,

Pierre