Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup SAP NetWeaver Gateway in Eclipse

former_member186020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have developed some android application using eclipse juno 4.2 but, these application do not consume data from sap system.

Now i wanted to connect to sap system and get data to use in my application.

After searching i came across this awesome post by Gal Roter but, somehow i am not able to get the thing done.

List of things i have installed,

1) Installed Eclipse Juno .

2) SDK manager

3) Android version4.1.2( Jelly Bean )

4) Then i downloaded SAP NetWeaver Gateway plugin for eclipse.

Here is the problem i am facing,

I try to create new project using SAP NetWeaver Gateway under that i selected Starter application project

I enter all the details like: project name, project for android ,application name ,pacakage etc..

but, i am not able to select the Build Target dropdown because that dropdown is empty.

What to do..? How to go ahead..???

I have attached the snapshot of the error i am getting.

Thanks in advance,

Vishesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

Please install at least one of the Android SDK packages between 8-13 API levels in your Android-SDK, these are the supported versions, and only they will appear in the drop-down.

Thanks,

Michal.

former_member186020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks a lot for youe reply..!!

Yes i read you comments in the blog and found that i need to have Android SDK packages between 8-13 API levels after doing this i got the build target but, going ahead i faced another problem

while setting up the connection.

I hope that you will be able to help me out...

1) I had to provide the service URL which i am not aware of..i clicked on button "catalog"

in the blog i read that the dprodow " Sap Netweaver Gatway connect will automatically be filled     

by the sap url..unfortunately i didnt happen that way and i got the dropdown empty..

2) Secondaly i tried clicking on the link named "configure" where i got the poup for adding connection..

3) I clicked on "Add new connection"  after that

what connection details to be provided... i am not able to proceed...??

I ahve attached the screen shot of the pop-up i am getting..

As this is my first time trying to connect to sap system so i am not able to solve this...

Thanks in advance

Vishesh,

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

You need to configure the details of your SAP NetWeaver Gateway system.

If you don't have any, you can use the demo system, these are its details:

- Host: gw.esworkplace.sap.com 

- Port: 80

- User: GW@ESW

- Password: ESW4GW

Don't forget to un-check the "useHTTPS" checkbox, and to check the "save password" checkbox.

Thanks,

Michal.

former_member186020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks again for you help, but i used the demo sytem and entered the details you mentioned above

still i entered the user details the user name and password but when i click ok button i get the following ERROR:-

Network connection error ...:(

Any Clues..?

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user is probably locked, it happens sometimes.

I'll try to find out how to get it unlocked.

former_member186020
Participant
0 Kudos

Michal i dont know wheather it has to do something with user because even if i try with my     

login details then also it dosent work i get the same error  when trying to access the demo system with the host you mentioned( gw.esworkplace.sap.com)

former_member186020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thaks a lot..!!! I think you have unlocked the user . Now i have succesfully create the application .

But, When i tried to run the application in emulator it runs the login screen appears

after that when i enter the login details (User name - GW@ESW & Password - ESW4GW)

i get the following error message:-

any idea why i am getting this and how to reslove it...?

Thanks,

Vishesh.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

This means you need to configure a proxy in the code.

In Eclipse, open the file,

SDMConnectivityHelper.java class in the helpers package

of the generated service proxy, and add the following:

this.mPreferences.setStringPreference(ISDMPreferences.SDM_CONNECTIVITY_PROXY_HOST,

"<your proxy host>");

this.mPreferences.setIntPreference(ISDMPreferences.SDM_CONNECTIVITY_PROXY_PORT,

<your proxy port>);

If I remember correctly you should put these lines in the constructor, just before the first "catch" block.

Michal.

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am also getting the same network connection error while trying configure the network connection settings in Eclipse as mentioned above by Vishesh. Can you please check if the user is locked again?

Best Regards

Satya

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked and it isn't locked at the moment.

Please try again.

If you still get this error, but able to get data from this landscape in the browser (for example when entering

http://gw.esworkplace.sap.com/sap/opu/odata/iwcnt/ACTIVITY/$metadata), then perhaps you need to change your proxy configuration in Eclipse.

Regards,

Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

I am also having similar issue that not seeing any values in "Build Target Dropdown". Can you please let me know what were the steps you followed to get the values in dropdown.

Thanks and Regards,

Suman

former_member186020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Just check in your Android SDK  manager..which version you have installed..??

You will get the build target only for android 2.2 - 3.2 .

If you have installed android 4.1.1 then no problem go to you SDK manager and just install android 3.2 you will get the dropdown.

Cheers,

Vishesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

Thank you very much for your reply. After I installed 3.2 i am able to see values in drop down. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Suman

0 Kudos

Hi Michal,
     I am having a the same problem of configuration settings so i m unable to resolve.
I am  not sure of how to change the proxy configuration in eclipse , well I tried adding the Server Host in the Network Connections -> add host . But still I m not able to get a solution

I have also visited to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40986 for getting the user credentials for the demo gateway system. Even when i tried logging into with that userid and password I am unable to get the successful connection.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to ensure you are using the correct port.

To find out the port number oneof the two following ways:

1. Execute transaction code SMICM and click on Goto > Service to determine the port number for HTTP.

Usually the port is set to 8000.

2. Execut transaction code SICF :

F8 from the first screen

Then expand the tree default_host > sap > opu > odata

Expand iwfnd or sap depending on where your service is

First Right Click the mouse on the service and choose Display Service

This will display details of the service and also the service name. Use the service name in the catalog .

Go back to the Maintain Service screen and once again Right Click the mouse on the service and choose Test Service (assuming that the service is activated). If the service is inactive activate it first before testing.

A webpage will open and display a dialog box. At this moment, look at the URL Address bar to read the port number specified.

If you want to view the XML rendition of the service in the browser then suffix /?format=xml to the url string.

Hope this helps.

Girish Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to ensure you are using the correct port.

To find out the port number oneof the two following ways:

1. Execute transaction code SMICM and click on Goto > Service to determine the port number for HTTP.

Usually the port is set to 8000.

2. Execut transaction code SICF :

F8 from the first screen

Then expand the tree default_host > sap > opu > odata

Expand iwfnd or sap depending on where your service is

First Right Click the mouse on the service and choose Display Service

This will display details of the service and also the service name. Use the service name in the catalog .

Go back to the Maintain Service screen and once again Right Click the mouse on the service and choose Test Service (assuming that the service is activated). If the service is inactive activate it first before testing.

A webpage will open and display a dialog box. At this moment, look at the URL Address bar to read the port number specified.

If you want to view the XML rendition of the service in the browser then suffix /?format=xml to the url string.

Hope this helps.

Girish Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am also getting the same network connection error while trying configure the network connection settings in Eclipse and getting Error message as Network connection error.

Can you please help me.

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

From your screen shot I noticed the checkbox of "Use HTTPS" is checked, but the port is still 80. Are you using SSL? if not, please uncheck the checkbox, if so, please provide an SSL port.

Regards,

Michal.

HJA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

i got the same problems. Using the above connection didn't help ( Network connection error in Eclipse Juno ).

Trying with the demo account i got from the Netweaver Gateway site give's also the same error.

Is it possible that you check the account with username P032392.

The connect to the SAP Easy Access with this account works.

Thanks a lot.

Hans-Jörg

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Which connection details are you using? If you're trying to connect to the demo system (gw.esworkplace.sap.com) then I'm afraid this landscape is down for some time now.

There is a new demo system you can use: sapes1.sapdevcenter.com.

Please see the below link regarding how to gain username and password:

Getting started with the SAP Netweaver Gateway Service Consumption System

Though as you can see here: SAP Netweaver Gateway Consumption - Operations

It appears the system is currently down until 03/02.

Regards,

Michal.

HJA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

sorry for the delay, i was at SAP in Walldorf.

Connection is working now. It was a missconfiguration in Eclipse->Network Connections and in our firewall.

Now i can continue.

Thanks for your help

Hans-Jörg

HJA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

no chance to work with the service out of a java application (Unknown host exception) because the server/service is not reachable/testable in the cloud test system:

What could be wrong ?

Thanks

Hans-Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrata,

I am facing the same issue, you had faced earlier.Is this issue solved?

Please help me fix this issue.

Regards,

Lipsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am also facing the same issue. Could you please suggest something?

Regards,

Lipsa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install net weaver Gateway plug in the eclipse.
It is available in the installed s/ws but while creating new project the net weaver gateway option is not available.

Could any one please let me know where i am going wrong   installing the plug in.

Thanks in advance

Bibhu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

bibhu parida

Please post a new thread here .

Rgrds,

Jitendra

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bibhu,

I didn't understand, did you manage to install the tool or not?

When you expand "OData Development", what do you see? It should be right there...

Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am able to install the plugin.

I was following one document the screen shows like below options which is not available in my case.

The screenshot is from document you can find  netweavergateway is a option there.

In the Odata service i can find the options and starter application is also there.Just want to know in the sap netweavergateway also the starter option will come.

Is there any issue with the installation of the plugin.

Thanks

Bibhu

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi bibhu,

Then the document is probably old. These entries are under "OData Development".

There's no "SAP NetWeaver Gateway" entry anymore.

Regards,

Michal.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue with an empty Build Target dropdown. Here's my environment:

1. Mac OS 10.8.3

2. Java 1.6.0_45

3. Eclipse Juno

4. I have everything from Android SDK 3-17

5. I have ADT v.22

What else could be wrong?

Thanks,

Marc

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be related to where your Android-SDK is located, where is it located?

Also, we have a new tool, named "SAP NetWeaver Gateway productivity accelerator", in there is a new and improved Android Toolkit, so I suggest that you download and use it.

See this blog for more details and download:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2013/05/10/new-gateway-tool--sap-netweaver-gatew...

Regards,

Michal.

0 Kudos

Thanks Michal! I will try the new tool instead.

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everbody,

So I want to start making an Android app, but after selecting "Starter Application Project" and choosing Android, the "Target Build" is empty. I have all Android API versions installed, and i'm running on a Mac.

What am I doing wrong?.