Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1, 4: Offline - The EM is probably stopped

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

I installed EM on my Solman 7.1 on Solaris 10 and the logs says:

[Manager] Introscope Enterprise Manager started with management module warnings.

[Manager.PostOfficeHub] Server listening for incoming default socket connections on port 6001

The guide says that i have to check this - i think that looks okay.

I can connect over emhost:8081/workstation to the EM without a problem.

The OS says that EM is running.

But in solman_setup (3.1 CA Wily Inroscope) my connection looks like this:

Or sometimes with this error:

Offline - The EM Connection cannot be established (caused by :java.sql.SQLException: Failed to establish connection to Isengard Server. Caught Exception com.wily.isengard.message.MessageUndeliverableException: Message Reply Time Out_)

I try to start as daaadm, soladm.. Permissions are correct. I rebooted a few times.

Even a click on the menupoint 3.1 takes a lot of time sometimes.

In the beginning the light was green, but changed to red after inserting my first managed system.

The configuration of the managed system at menupoint 8.1 ends with an error of "Introscope Host Adapter":

Retrieving list of Enterprise Managers failed: EM cannot be reached: SAPSOL.(company..)@6001 (host=sapsol.(company..) port=6001 user=Admin) version=(9102) name=null online=false connstring=jdbc:introscope:net//Admin:***@sapsol.(company..):6001 clockskew[sec]=0 maxconn=2 (mom=false collector=false) capacity=-1 last error: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to establish connection to Isengard Server. Caught Exception com.wily.isengard.message.MessageUndeliverableException: Message Reply Time Out

I checked other threads and notes but i cannot find the error.

The runtime information of the EMAdmin shows me a log that "The connection is refused".

I would like to copy the log here but now the CA Wily Enterprise Manager Administarion takes again a lot of time to open..

Thanks in advance. Denny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to use EM8 if you are running anything older than Solution Manager 7.1 SP4. I saw the exact same behaviour (message reply time out) on Solution Manager 7.1 SP3 when used together with EM9. As soon as I switched to EM8, it started working. Another option is to update your Solution Manager to SP4 or newer.

However, in case your Solution Manager 7.1 is recent enough check SAP note 1771826 on how to make sure that Solution Manager can connect to EM.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1771826

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli, thanks for your answer.

Ive got

"ST    710    0004    SAPKITL704    SAP Solution Manager Tool"

so, i think it is sp4? or am i wrong?

but tommorow i will give it a try and i will report to you, thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct, you are running SP4 or at least that component is SP4. Actually the requirement is SP4 patch level 1 or newer. The AS JAVA stack has patch levels on top of SP. Better check your system components, their SP and patch level. See SAP note 1565954 for details.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1565954

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member294366
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear

I am facing the same problem, my Introscope EM is 9.7.1 and Sol Man 7.1 SP14. You said "SM-Serivce to the latest patch" what does it mean ? Please help me to clarify this.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

something similar happen to me with CA Introscope Enterprise Managers 9.7.1 and Solution Manager 7.1 SP15.

I had to upgrade the SM-Service to the latest Patch, did a restart of the SAP System and EM, (re)discovered the Introscope EM in the Solman Setup > Basic Configuration > Step 3 again and now the status is green.

Before that I checked all setting as in Note 1771826 described.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Beni,

I am facing the same problem, my Introscope EM is 9.7.1 and Sol Man 7.1 SP14. You said "SM-Serivce to the latest patch" what does it mean ? Please help me to clarify this.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

I mixed something up. I wrote SM-Service (mistake), it is the LM-Service. Note 1483508 describes the issue.

If I remember my SP level was ok but I had to upgrade the Patch.

denny-k
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Samuli.

Ive installed SPS 6 and now it works fine. Thanks!!!