cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java development / debugging environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is a beginner question about development / debugging with NWDS on PC and NetWeaver Java stack running on the server.

I wrote a simple XML Digital signature application which works fine in stand-alone Java (No SAP libraries involved).

I would like to move it into NetWeaver PI, and use the NetWeaver Keystore instead of a local file keystore.

I found several examples and API documents about using KeyStoreManager to read from the Default keystore in SAP.

Here is my question: how can I develop / debug / test this on my workstation using eclipse if the keystore is held remotely on the Java server?

The process to package the java program and import it to PI as a module / adapter / Java mapping etc seems slow, like not something you would want to do every time you make a code tweak and want to debug!

What is the most streamlined way to be developing / debugging something like this? For example, Is there a way to get a local NetWeaver Keystore running on my development PC so the code thinks its running on the server? Or maybe there is a setup for remote code execution?

Many thanks for your experience or ideas on this.

-Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears this is a moving target. Looking forward to the next generation of Eclipse based tools and single stack PI.

Answers (0)