cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX02 automation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts, I have a requirement to automate LX02 to run report daily and download to excel on local drive. Pls guide me if there is a standard setup?

User also gave option to email the excel if possible? Any help pls?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls some one reply, this is urgent

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should search the forum, there are hundreds of discussions about downloads in background jobs. e.g. if you use the wordds  download background job excel   then you get 382 hits

A background job is usually used to run independent of a front end (your PC) e.g. in the night when your PC is switched off. So how could SAP download it to your local drive if your PC if off?

There is no box where you can say "my PC is running" to allow SAP to store it on your local drive, or if such box is not flagged that SAP stores it then somewhere else where you can find it.

Further, there is not even a function that will display the LX02 report directly as Excel on your screen, as it is possible with queries, you always need to do something manually to get your LX02 as an Excel file.  Who can do all these manual activities in background?

The background job ends his activity at the same place where you are when you execute LX02 online. In the moment when the list is shown. So the foreground presents it on screen, while the batch job presents it as spool file.

Please read this discussion from the ABAP forum, which gives as well the reason why it is not possible but has a kind of solution too -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/266708

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!!! I will look at forums and come back if I need any help.

former_member639734
Participant
0 Kudos

Can the user set it up as a periodic background job?