Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM SUS withour SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to use MM-SUS scenario.

Create PO in ERP

Supplier goes to SUS and can download PO, confirm, prepare ShipNotification.

Do I need SRM for this?

Can I have SUS without SRM Server?

Thanks

Mariusz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariusz,

As per my experience, SUS is the integral part of SRM server. So you need to have SRM server to configure SUS component.

So for any of the Business Scenario -

1.     MM-SUS

2.     EBP -SUS and specially for service procurement you require SRM server since EBP is the leading purchasing system in this scenario.

Hence, we need to have SRM server to have MM SUS or EBP SUS.

From RBEI,

Snehal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Mariusz,

You can achieve the MM-SUS functionality w/o using SRM. However, this will undermine the functionalities and scalability provided by SRM.

Deploying such a scenario will require three main components:

• A web-based front end for suppliers - for viewing the PO, entering the POR, invoice details etc.
  • A middleware to convert the messages sent by the suppliers for SAP and for the Supplier front end
  • configuring / coding in MM system for ALE

To give an example for transmitting PO:

• ECC: PO Created/Changed. Transmitted to middleware using BAPI/IDOC
  • Middleware: Creates the XML (or any other compatible format) for the Supplier front end portal
  • Supplier Portal: Receives the ECC PO and Displays on the supplier portal. Supplier can then send their response back to the middleware and finally to ECC.
  • ASN can be sent back to SAP via ALE.

I must tell you, this approach is not suitable for implementing the entire gamut of functionality provided by MM-SUS. It will require too much time in implementation and then much more time in testing.

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for reply.

We don't need SRM functionalities.

Requirement is to have POs created in ERP to be visible for suppliers in supplier portal. We are interested in Direct Material / Indirect Material POs but also in Service POs. Confirmation of Services made by supplier is major requirement.

So you say it is possible without installing SRM server.

We have SAP NW Portal so can it work as vendor web-based front-end?

We have SAP PI so it can work as a middleware

No problem with configuring ALE.

But again where to start from. How to install SUS. I was not able to find any installation guide for SUS individual installment. Any ideas?

I checked SRM 5.0 installation guide and it says:

"As of SAP SRM Server 5.0, Supplier Self-Services (SUS) 3.0 is an integral part of SAP

SRM Server 5.0. Therefore, you do not need to install this component separately"

Another question. I found Note 868192 - Consulting solution:
MM-SRV-SUS service procurement

When reading this I got the impression that you in fact neeed SRM Server in this scenario.

Can you comment?

So sorry to challenge you but all info I found in SAP docs says you need SRM.

How is this installed / configured in your case than?

Thanks

Mariusz

0 Kudos

Hi Mariusz

I am talking about the entire development in ECC-MM for all your scenarios. I am not referring to SRM. As for the infrastructure, I suppose you have everything in place. I am not sure on how to use NW Portal for the front end. I think you should engage an EP consultant for the feasibility - for defining how the screens would look like, with what data elements.

We developed a similar solution which included MS BizTalk as the middleware. This solution was used for: 1. Sending PO to the portal. Through Idocs

2. Reporting for the suppliers on some search criteria - through BAPIs like PO_GET_DETAIL and PO_item_detail.

The suppliers could login to this portal and check the status based on a PO or a range of criteria like PO range, date range, delivery date etc.

The portal that we developed was not SAP EP.

So to sum it up, it is possible to meet your requirement w/o SRM (or) SUS. Everything is done based on the capability of the middleware with changes in ECC: MM system.

Hope I am of help to you. Please let me know if you need more info in any regard.

Thanks

Rakesh

former_member208244
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mariusz,

SRM is not a pre-requisite for MM-SUS configuration.

The full procurement Scenario possible is the next -->

ECC - Create PO

SUS - Receipt of PO

SUS - Creation of POR (Response)

ECC - Receipt of POR in PO Confirmations tab

SUS - Create ASN for Materials / Confirmation for Services

ECC - Receipt inbound delivery notification (VL33N) for Materials / Service Entry Sheet for release (ML81N) for services.

ECC - Create a ERP material Confirmation

SUS - Receipt of material Confirmation

SUS - Create an Invoice

ECC - Receipt an invoice

Regards,