Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Changing a LoginModule

Hi All,

Let me start by saying my knowledge of NWDI is limited, but I have a scenario that I will appreciate if you can help me with.

I have a custom build in-house SSO solution in place, we are testing Biller Direct and one of the issues is that we want to intergrate BD to use the in-house SSO solution. For that we need to develop a new LoginModule.

I understand that the right tool to use in NWDI/NWDS (please correct me if I'm wrong). As this is a test scenario I will like to know if we can use our current sandbox J2EE engine 7.02 and add the DI usage type to it, or do we need a clean install?...  I can see that the packages are part of the NWCE  now, I haven't been able to find the SCA's on their own to implement them via JSPM/SDM. Is this the right approach?

Regards, Juan

replied

You need NWDI when you have to customize a WDJ app. In all other cases, the usage of NWDI is defined by a corporate guideline (here we have the loophole), and specially when it comes to "pure" Java development, NWDI is not needed and normally only adds headaches.

You should use NWDS as it comes with the necessary wizards and templates, but NWDI for developing a logon module in sandbox is way too much. It may proof useful when it comes to later usages in teams and WDJ development, but even when you'll have later to transport the logon module: this is something done manually.

Developing a new Logon Module is Java development. Look at the example here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3f/1be040e136742ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question