cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS ABAP Java Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Scenario: AS Abap and AS Java installed on separate instances. BI Java also installed.

Are the Abap and Java BW systems considered separate systems or are they one?

Also, with Netweaver 7.0 - Abap/Java dual stack ! What are the considerations?

Thanks

A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day

If they are standalone systems then they are separate instances. eg: ABAP + DB and Java + DB

If it is a Dual-stack then it is one.

Also, with Netweaver 7.0 - Abap/Java dual stack ! What are the considerations?

A Dual stack system is where there is only one database with same SID for ABAP, Java and DB with different schmeas for ABAP and Java and with a common startup framework.

SAP NetWeaver discontinues dual stack systems

Read this

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33703

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys.

Lets rewind ( Any moderators out there please look away)!

(1).The first time I use SAPinst and I select AS Abap and AS Java with the same Db instance. Is that considered a dual stack?

(2). Following on from that would I need to run SAPinst twice, once for AS Abap and once for As Java for it to be considered separate. Given the same Db instance is being used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

(1).The first time I use SAPinst and I select AS Abap and AS Java with the same Db instance. Is that considered a dual stack?

Yes.  It is a dual stack.

(2). Following on from that would I need to run SAPinst twice, once for AS Abap and once for As Java for it to be considered separate. Given the same Db instance is being used.

No. It is not a dual stack.

Where ABAP and JAVA are running separately but JAVA is using ABAP DB to store the DATA.

Please See the below links that will give you a detaiiled idea for your query.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/SAPs+Dual+Stack+Strategy

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d074d7de-8d55-2b10-1e94-fb2e9d289...

I hope it helps.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Following on from yesterday.

Would separate installations of AS Abap and AS Java on the the same Db ( with separate schemas) be considered 1 or 2 installations. I presume Abap and Java with different SIDs would be considered unique instances?

Thanks

-A

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See how to install a fresh BI-JAVA Instance - New Installation of  SAP BI JAVA 7.30 - Options, Connectivity and Security and how to configure it successfully - BI-JAVA, BEx Web and EP: the real connection

Best Regards Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

well said..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the answers for your questions.

1.Scenario: AS Abap and AS Java installed on separate instances. BI Java also installed.

It depends on your installation. During installation, SAPINST will prompt you whether you want to install it in an separate DB or use ABAP as the data source. If you have selected ABAP, the ABAP will be your datasource. (more or less like ABAP + JAVA) . If you have choosen install separately, then it will be a different  DB.

2.Also, with Netweaver 7.0 - Abap/Java dual stack ! What are the considerations?

In this scenario, ABAP will be the primary  datasource in which java data will be stored.  Based on your requirements, you can install either ABAP  and JAVA as its add-on or ABAP and JAVA separately.

SAP recommends to install ABAP and JAVA separately.

I hope it helps.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal

1. If a separate Db is selected then AS Abap and AS Java are considered seperate instances?

If Abap is used as the datasource (ie in the same Db then its one instance one BW system?

Therefore in SAPinst AS Abap, AS Java, BI Java, EPC, EP can be selected using one Db. And will be considered one BW instance with one Db instance.

Thanks

A.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

1. If a separate Db is selected then AS Abap and AS Java are considered seperate instances?

If Abap is used as the datasource (ie in the same Db then its one instance one BW system?

Therefore in SAPinst AS Abap, AS Java, BI Java, EPC, EP can be selected using one Db. And will be considered one BW instance with one Db instance.

In the case above , you will have AS-ABAP Schema as wellas AS-JAVA schema created within the same database. Sort of an MCOD installation. While performing the AS-JAVA setup you may choose where the UME should be either ABAP or JAVA instance.

Regards,

Deepak Kori