SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset cleared items - FP09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following problem: The return lot doesn't reset the clearing of the payment document.
The clearing document clears two items and the outgoing payment (of an payment request) togeher.
Note: The type of posting used in the FP09 is "Cancel payment"

Here is the business case:

I have 2 items (I1&I2) to be paid and I have created a payment request (PR) for it, which doesn't clear the 2 items (I1&I2)

Then the payment run creates the real payment document (PD), which clears the payment request (PR).

Finally, the real payment (PD) and the 2 items (I1&I2) are cleared together by the clearing document (C1)

The problem is, that after posting the return lot, only the payment request is open. I want that the 2 original items (I1&I2) are open too.

This is what happens:

Is there a posibility in FP09 or an User-Exit to reset the clearing document (completelly) which clears the outgoing payment (PD) and the 2 items (I1&I2)?

The target is:

Cheers
Mar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

The above scenario that you are encountering is because, when you are posting the return lot, you are asking the system to reset the clearing of the item which has been cleared by the payment document (PD)  and not by the Clearing Doc1.

However, your requirement can be met by enhancing events 296 and 299.

Event 296 is called from clarification after a successful posting of a return, where as event 0299 is processed when all items from the returns lot have been posted, the database update was successful, and the reconciliation key has been closed.

In both these events, check the clearing reason of the payment document, if its not equal to 05, then take the clearing document for the payment document no and try to reverse that clearing document no. Once the clearing document is reversed, document I1&I2 and payment document PD will become open. Now, you can reverse  the payment document by using any standard FM.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

The above scenario that you are encountering is because, when you are posting the return lot, you are asking the system to reset the clearing of the item which has been cleared by the payment document (PD)  and not by the Clearing Doc1.

However, your requirement can be met by enhancing events 296 and 299.

Event 296 is called from clarification after a successful posting of a return, where as event 0299 is processed when all items from the returns lot have been posted, the database update was successful, and the reconciliation key has been closed.

In both these events, check the clearing reason of the payment document, if its not equal to 05, then take the clearing document for the payment document no and try to reverse that clearing document no. Once the clearing document is reversed, document I1&I2 and payment document PD will become open. Now, you can reverse  the payment document by using any standard FM.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

I use the outgoing payment document (PD) in the return lot.

I have realized, that the return lot creates a new item in der DFKKOP for the ClearingDoc1.

The new item is cleared by the reversal of the return lot:

I have tried what you wrote above manually: First the FP09 (then PD is reversed) and then the FP08 (with the ClearingDoc1).

The problem is, that afer posting the return lot, I can't reverse the clearing document (ClearingDoc1) with FP08/FP08M because I get the message:

"Document ClearingDoc1 contains cleared items for clearing document ReversalDocumentNo"

Enhancing the events 296/299 is a great idea, but it would not reverse the clearing document (ClearingDoc1).

Do you know what can be done in this situation?

Many thanks in advance

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

I think it would not be advisable to make changes in the return process, as changing can cause issues at the database table level.

Rather, what I was thinking off, is why the payment document is not clearing the two original receivables directly.

I think you are clearing them through an account maintainance run (FP06) or scheduling an auto clearing in batch (FPMA).

Can you check the settlement rules for the incoming payment document.

I would suggest you to develop an enhancement, which would clear the original receivables (I1&I2) by the payment document rather than the clearing document generated through FP06 or FPMA....

Once the payment document is set as a the clearing document of the Original receivables, then the return process would work as usual and reverse the payment document and make the  original receivables (I1&I2) open items.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

you are right, I will try it in that way!

Cheers and thanks a lot

Mar