SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Commitment Item configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're facing a problem here in our system. When we try to perform the payment through F-53 transaction, the system arises the following message: "Unpermitted business transaction"

We've opened up a message to sap support but they told us that our bank account should be set like this:

Our bank account should have its financial transaction set to 90 and currently it's configured with 30.

I'm little bit afraid to change that because we don't know if this kind of modification can carry any side effect.

Does anyone know what we should test after perform this modification?

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have posting on your commitment item, then you won' t be able to change the financial transaction. You will have to define a new commitment item. Anyway, they are right: bank accounts should be mapped to 'cashing' commitment items. Otherwise, no payment transfer could be performed in FMIFIIT.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have posting on your commitment item, then you won' t be able to change the financial transaction. You will have to define a new commitment item. Anyway, they are right: bank accounts should be mapped to 'cashing' commitment items. Otherwise, no payment transfer could be performed in FMIFIIT.

Regards,

Eli

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

As ELI said the main thing you have to test is the payment transfer. When you post an invoice it is posted with a Value Type of 54 and when you pay it it should be posted with a value type of 57. In addition you may check transfers posted to the bank account.

Good Luck.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal and Eli,

I've performed the modification and I noticed that after changes the key from 30 to 90 the system stops showing the payment in FM report. (FMB_PL01 T-code for example).

How can I verify if my payments are bein posted with value type 57?

Through FMB_PL01 I can see PO and invoices, but the payments are not presented anymore.

Any clue?

Thanks a lot your help.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cashing commitment item won't create any FM entry: that's normal. 57 documents will be created either by FMF0 transaction or, if you work with new G/L and on-line FM update, automatically.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Eli.

we work with new G/L and is activated online FM update. I've realized that some payments are creating the pertinent record in FM and the others not.

I've also noticed that this thing began happen after I change the financial transaction.

Do you know any documentation that can guide me to set this things correctly. I mean any material showing me step by step how to set up the system as I mentioned before.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Rodrigo Amorim

*Not pertinent record but payment record.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The configuration would be setting 30 for invoice record and 90 for cashing, if the commitment item for cashing and the invoice are not the same. There is quite significant number of OSS notes for online payment update, which solve certain errors in this process: you have to make sure that they are applied in your system.

Regards,

Eli