cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soluiton manager information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

If i need SLD and willy introscope, Diagnostics agents. For these i need to install in other system or shell i add these like add-on in Solman only. Kindly give the clarity regarding this.

I think SLD holds all the information related to EWA's.

Help me on this.

Thank you,

Chowdary.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SLD, wily and diagnostics are normally part of the standard installation of the solman system. These functions are covered by specific software components such as LM-SERVICE which covers the solman diagnostics functionalities. You'll have to configure these ones after installation through the initial setup by calling transaction solman_setup.

SLD does not hold information on EWAs itself. It is an archive for system information such as system ID, installation numbers, product versions, software components, ip adresses, message server etc. These information are basis for several solman functions, mainly the change management.

EWA processing is handled within the SDCC Framework (for ABAP). If you want to setup EWA for Java you'll have to configure Diagnostics/E2E too.

Check out the documents, howto's and technical papers in the service marketplace under /solutionmanager for details.

Regards, Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your reply. That means i need not to go for any stand alone system. i can get every thing while installing solman only.

When i looked at present solution manager. I am unable to find any willy introscope agents or any agents  in /usr/sap/ccms directory. If i want to upgrade it to 7.1 from 7.0 ehp1 is all the componets will come in installation only?

Thank you,

Chowdary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry about asking so many questions. Currently my system is using for just EWA i can say. What are the functionality i can implement just give me the list which would be helpful for the business. I  am also planning to upgrade my solman to 7.1. Please just list what are the functionalities i can implement to effect the bussiness end users as well.

Like Service level reporting, EWA,CHARMS, Mopz etc.

Thank you,

Chowdary.

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Installing solman is one issue, configuring all necessary functions andd agents is a different story

If you are planning a upgrade, the best is using maintenance optimizer to get all required files for your upgrade collected automatically. MOPZ will also collect all ABAP and Java relevant components as well as os/db dependent files such as kernel or igs. Once you have all the files available follow the solman upgrade guide for upgrading ABAP/JAVA stack. Afterwards start your configuration of the system. First, as I mentioned, is running the solman_setup initial and basic configuration procedure. Here you will setup SLD and LMDB (the follow-up for SMSY to hold the system information) as well as the E2E framework. The procedure guides you through the necessary steps and shows you some information about the things to do (e.g. agent setup).

After finishing this one, you can continue with the setup of managed systems, e.g. for E2E monitoring and/or customizing the required solman functions.

Regards, Richard

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solman covers a lot of functions... depending on your business requirements you can activate/customize those you need.. have a look at http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager

If you use solman basically for monitoring, the functions for EWA, SLR and CCMS based reporting are of interest. In case you'll have a support organisation for help desk activities, you may configure service desk. If you need to maintain several other SAP systems, you may be interested in change management, implementation procedures, test management etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First i want to try on the sandbox system, i need to perform system copy and then upgrade my system in sandbox. but if i done the system copy i cant use the mopz. can i able to do the upgrade without it? by downloading software(upgrade export and stack file) from SMP.

Thank you.

Chowdary.

Answers (0)