Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUIBB config name in GAF

shabir_ismail
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Am using the same list guibb in a gaf component on two different windows.

The list guibb is from the same feeder class but with different config.

I know in the initialization method i can have the config name but the problem that its using the same instance (its not getting in the initialization on the second time).

How can i differentiate between those two config ? i actually need the config name in the GET_data method. how can i do that ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please keep in mind that FPM applications should NEVER depend on the configuration name. GUIBB class should and behave consistently regardless of what configuration are using them. If you are going to depend on configuration names in your logic, you might just build a regular WDA application and avoid the hassle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create a class when your first window is called you can set a  static_variable  with configuration name and use same class in your get_data

shabir_ismail
Participant
0 Kudos

sure i can do that? but then how will i know the second list GUIBB config name ?

Also do you know how come for each config of a form GUIBB, its creating a new instance (thus calling the initialization method for each config) and not doing the same for the form guibb ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm just giving you idea to check difference between calling two window . you are calling GAFapplication and i suppose  list GUIBB are called in different window

shabir_ismail
Participant
0 Kudos

yes the list guibb is called in different windows. So what you mean if i store on the config name of the first list guibb and then when its call the second  time (if config_name <> stored_config_name)  ?