cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAO NT Naming Service Stopped on DTW

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of my customers recently upgraded to SAP B1 PL04 but for some reason the Data Transfer Workbench has stopped working on all client PCs, giving a error message "Connection to SAP2\SAPB1SERVER has failed Error Code -131 Connection to license server failed; if license server is invalid, correct it; if TAO NT Naming Service has stopped, activate it and restart license manager.  I looked up the issue on the forums but so far I haven't foudn the solution.  Fixes that I've tried include restarting the server, restarting the TAO NT Naming Service, restarting the License Manager, cleaning up the registry entries, making sure that both the firewalls are disabled, using the IP addres in stead of the server name and, finally, reinstalling the entire client and DTW.  THe DTW works perfectly on the server itself and the company databases are visible on the clients.  If you enter the incorrect username or password it indicates that you are using the incorrect login details, but the correct details still return the same error message.  Is there anything that I'm missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks, everone, for your help.  It seems that the problem was related to the antivirus AND the server location.  By disabling the antivirus and using the IP address the problem seems to have been solved.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the issue of security policies. Ask your IT team for proper rights. Even you can try with admin login or Run SAP as administrator.

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan Botha...

1142479  - Connection with license server failed /TAO NT Naming Service       

Version   4   Validity: 12.07.2010 - active

Language   English

Content:      Summary    |    Header Data    |    Validity

Symptom

Possible Symptoms in SAP Business One area:

SAP Business One doesn't start and License Server Selection screen comes up

SAP Business One generates this error message when logging on: "Connection with license server failed"

On License Server Selection this error occurs: "Connection to license server failed; if license server address is invalid, correct it; if TAO NT Naming Service stopped, activate it and restart License Manager"

On startup, the TAO NT Naming Service returns this warning: "The TAO NT Naming Service on local Computer started and then stopped...";

TAO NT Naming Service is not running. To access this service,  right-click the My Computer icon and choose Manage -> Services

Connecting to License Server brings warning: "Failed to connect to License Server"

On startup, the SAP Business One License Manager returns this warning: "The SAP Business One License Manager on local Computer started and then stopped..."

RSP: Logging on to Remote Support Platform (RSP) brings this Error:  "Agent service unavailable", RSP Agent Console cannot be accessed.  Nevertheless SAP Business One RSP Agent Service is running and restarts successfully

Cause

License Manager: Dependencies of SAP Business One License Manager to the  TAO NT Naming Service, in some cases Firewall settings might prevent running the TAO NT Naming Service.

RSP: Firewall might block TCP/IP and relevant port range when RSP agent is not included in the firewall policy list.

Solution

1. Check disabling the Firewall settings of relevant Virus scanner  software / Host Intruder prevention software (e.g. McAfee)

2. Restart the TAO NT Naming Service & SAP Business One License Manager  / Restart the SAP Business One RSP Agent Service

If the firewall is identified as the root cause, please review the firewall policy and settings.

Other terms

lic, ACE, Corba

Header Data

Released on     17.08.2010 09:30:36  

Release status     Released for Customer  

Component     SBO-BC System 

Other Components    

SBO-BC-LIC License Mechanism

SBO-RSP remote support platform for SAP Business One

Priority       Recommendations/additional info  

Category       Help for error analysis  

Validity

This document is not restricted to a product or product version    

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Kennedy T,

But I'm only having the issue with the DTW.  I've also done what this note suggested.  As per Naga's response, I also disabled the anti-virus on both the server and client, restarted both and still have the same issue.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan Botha,

Any anti-virus running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga Rajan,

Yes, the customer is using Sophos.  We tried disabling it on the Server and client as well, but we still have the same problem.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you restart the machine after disabling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.  we also restarted the Licence Manager and the TAO NT service during this period.  Still no dfference.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to rename folder of Sophos and then  try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Sorry it took so long to reply.  I tried this as well now.  Unfortunately it still made no difference.