cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Approval workflow- detour options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There are many threads regarding this questions and I have checked them. I am trying to build a detour and facing a issue, need your help on this.

I have a scenario where I have to create one level approval for Role except some critical Roles e.g. Basis. If Role is critical, it should go to second level approval.

To achieve this, I am using standard Role approval stages and add a detour in it.

To create a detour in Role Approval workflow where If Role criticality level is critical , it should make a detour and go a particular approver.

Created detour for Role approver and selected Criticality Level as CTL

Now what should be in the LINE_ITEM_KEY and RULE_RESULT? There is no option for selection of a user as approver. I read in one reply that RULE_RESULT may be a condition group and approvers may be added to that. But I couldn't get how to do that.

Also, the field Criticality Level is not a mandatory field, is there any option to make it mandatory? I know we can change User Provisioning fields, but not sure about Role creation fields. If this field is not mandatory, people may miss putting the value in new roles thus bypassing the detour.

If you have any other solutions for this, please provide.

Thanks,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help on this matter.

To achieve the scenario, I followed as below -

1. I created a BRM Initiator Rule in SPRO and maintained Business Process as parameter.

2. Provided two result sets, one for BP other than Basis and another for Basis.

3. Created two agents in MSMP, directly mapped users as user group, one for Security stage and another for higher approval stage.

4. Created two paths - one for one stage approval and another with two stage approvals. At both stage, the agents are mapped.

5. Mapped the initiator Rule created in step 1 with these two paths and result set.

6. Generated MSMP version for Role Workflow.

Now when I try to modify or create a Role, it doesn't consider initiator Rule but goes to default Content approver. If approver is not maintained, it gives error. If approver is found, the requets goes to his inbox and after his approval, workflow is finished.

I want to trigger two paths based upon initiator Rule created and continue with workflow.

Please guide me in right direction on how to achieve this. I have read that for Role approval, there is condition to be maintained, which can be based upon same parameters. But it will update only Role Owner value and will not initiate a new path/workflow.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

did you manage to implement a routing rule in BRM?

I looks to be unpossilble.

Regards

Pourang