cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding EVM parameters as control Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on EM as an add on to SAP TM 8.1. While posting unexpected event 'delay',
I am passing the estimated date and time and timezone as control parameter. while setting up the
parameters table in the EVM table, the parameter action is set as 'S' for set. Doing this the EVM
parameters are added to the list on control parameter in Event handler. The problem occurs while
posting mulitple delay, multiple EVM parameter values in added as control parameter.
when an alert is created regarding the delay, the value for estimated date and time and timezone
passed to the alert container is always, the value posting for the first delay when mulitple delay is
posted.

Can you help me find a way to solve this problem.

Thank you,
Vincent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

have you tried this with parameter action 'C' (change)? By this only one control parameter is created and updated each time a new delay is reported. That way the control parameter always refers to the last reported delay and the information in the alert should be the correct one.

I assume that when using action 'S', always a new control parameter with new index is created and the alert always takes the first one.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the answer.

I tried it with parameter action as 'C' forchange and it works fine now.

quick question before the closing this discussion, Parameter action could be S(set), C(change), D(delete) and M(check).

Set is for creating new control parameter.

change creates or updates control parameter.

delete is for deleting.

what is check used for?

Thank you,

Vincent

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

M is not relevant in your case.

It is used to compare the value in Event message parameter against system paramters in Activity

CHECK_SYSPARAM_VALUE Check Parameter Values in Evt Msg Against System Parameter Values.

So in your case C should be the right action.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

First, thanks so much for your detailed information.

I work with Vincent and just thought of asking on more question in this context.

Is Parameter Action 'M' only for checking/comparing the System parameters or can it also be used for checking/comparing Control & Info parameters. 

Thanks for your inputs.

Best regards,

Pramod

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The mentioned activity checks only System against Event Message Parameter:

This is the description:

Check Parameter Values in Evt Msg Against Sys. Param. Values

Functionality

This function module checks if the system parameter values for an existing event handler match the parameter values provided when an event message is sent.  The values for all parameters that are passed in the event message are checked against the corresponding system parameter values.  The ACTION field in the parameters in the event message must be set to M.

This function module is used in rule activities only.

Return code:

• 0 - all the parameter values that are passed with the event message match the corresponding system parameter values.
  • 2 - one of the parameter values does not match.

If you would compare e.g. if Control Parameter "A" is equal Info Parameter "B" you could use activity COMPARE. I think the activity mentioned above was especially introduced as Event Message parameter cannot be handled with COMPARE.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

you could look at function module /SAPTRX/TMS_ADD_PARA.

In the standard delvered TM scenarios something similar is done. I'm not sure if it is exactly the same but you should get a hint how to do it.

The values are here passed in the EE Modify structure and then mapped to Control Parameters.

To ensure that this module is called it must be entered in customizing transaction /SAPTRX/TSC0MBF under Preprocessing Functions.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the information.

I had done the required config in 'Define Criteria for Event Message Processing' for pre processing function for delay event.

The standard function module  /SAPTRX/TMS_ADD_PARA , had parameter action set to 'S' for set. I tried change it to 'M' for check thinking it would check if the EVM parameter is to be created for updated.

Thanks a lot,

Vincent