cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using VLPOD in SAP CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have a scenerio -  Customer calls the organization XYZ for service one of its equipment . We create Service Notification & Service Order for that . Then create Delivery for 100 components and do PGI . Technician picks up the 100 components from warehouse and go to customer site . But at customer site only 45 gets consumed .

Issue -

1. Now we are planning to have VLPOD here so that we dont need to wait the technician to come back to warehouse and report the consumption and hence do manual reverse GI to return the ununsed components  .

2. Moreover thinking to use valuated stock with title of transfer as with PGI , stocks started to show as delivered to customer but in actual sense it has not , but still with technician and property of XYZ

Please suggest if this is feasible and how .

Regards,

Pranshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mozazam ,

Yeah you are correct , they are spare parts .

Business is - We create Service Notification & Service Order for that . in Service order we captured that 100 spare parts are required . Then create Delivery for 100 components and do PGI . Technician picks up the 100 components from warehouse and go to customer site  ( but if we do PGI here for customer location , spare part will not be pwned by XYZ  Technicina work for XYZ and this spare parts still hold good for XYZ and. Technician at customer site feels only 45 spare parts are required  and retuwns back the rest .

So in this case only 45 spare parts only gets sold . So I thought to use VLPOD , in which customer wil confirm 45 only , rest will be assumed in XYZ Warehouse ( in intransit storage location ) only .

Regards,

Pranshu

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Its really an interesting requirement. I am happy that you have explained it in very good manner. I have gone through your process and yes it is logical. I don't know what SAP standards are for this kind of process but what comes to my mind is consignment issue. I am testing this and will update you. You can also google consignment issue in SAP SD and study it. With this process you can create sale order w.r.t service order and do the PGI of 100 quantity. Stock will be moved to special stock indicator W (Customer Consignment) and system will not make any accounting entry at this point. Then on actual consumption you can issue actual quantity and pick remaining quantity in unrestricted stock. But for this process you have to create 3 documents.

Let me test and update you with this. I did't find for VLPOD. I don't know what is process for VLPOD. Let some other expert comment on this. Keep watching the place

Thanks

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Are these equipments some kind of spare parts which technician used to repair customer's material? You are talking about technician's tools or spare parts? If my understanding is right and this is spare parts then why don't you use sale order created with reference to service order and follow the normal PGI process w.r.t that sale order. In this case equipments or spare parts in my understanding will be charged as per actual with delivery order and movement type 601.

Thanks

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I will not suggest for Delivery Confirmation process (VLPOD) in your scenario, as in case of VLPOD the stock which is removed from your plant will remain same even after you confirm that the actual receipt is less.

It is better if you go for Consignment Sales Process. For detail please search the forum.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand