Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Authorizations in BEx reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a BW report which the users run in BEx.

I noticed that the users have two options in Save: Save Workbook and Save Workbook As.

I would like to restrict them for only one option, Save Workbook As, but I couldn't find the

authorization object/field for this.

Can you help me ?

Regards,

Rami KLEIMAN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

the S_RS_COMP and S_RS_COMP1 objects with activity for create and change is necessary to "SAVE". Although both buttons will exist, I think if the user does not have the authorizations and they choose SAVE it will only allow them to SAVE AS

Something you might be able to test to confirm?

3 REPLIES 3

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

the S_RS_COMP and S_RS_COMP1 objects with activity for create and change is necessary to "SAVE". Although both buttons will exist, I think if the user does not have the authorizations and they choose SAVE it will only allow them to SAVE AS

Something you might be able to test to confirm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Colleen.

I checked these objects in the role, assigned to the user, and I see that in activity field

the user have only 3, 16, 22. That is there is no authorization to change or create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

You want your users to be able to save as but not save. I.e. Modify is not allowed but Save it as a new one is allowed. Then you s_rs_comp1. Give them option to create and change. In case of users give "$User". This will allow them to modify only their own workbooks.