cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom search help back giving selected value to field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a custom dictionaty collective search help, by copying from a standard search help. Added one extra field 'email of vendor'

In a standard SAP WenDynpro component, I have added my custom search help, in post exit of WDDOINIT of a view.

When pressed F4 on vendor., in result of search help, it is now also showing email, which i ahve added.

But when i select a vendor, and press 'OK' ,, the vendor is not passed back to field. 

I am posting in ABAP General, because, even if i mention custom search help in 'select option ', still Ia m not getting value back

please let me know, what am i missing, the vendor should be passed back to field.

Thank you

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dint not do 'Parameter Assignment' earlier....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Try by giving the serach help dynamically with below method.

SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP ( iif_wd_context_nod  class)

call method lo_nd_info->set_attribute_value_help

exporting    name =  'attrname'

value_help_mode = '121'

value_help = 'zsearchhelp '.

111 automatic help

121 for dictionary search help

131 for ovs help

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarender Reddy,

for an update of concomitant parameters by a search help, you proceed as follows:

• In your search help zshcity, declare all these fields as export parameters
  • Define a DDIC structure, say ZZCITYDATA with the components (i.e. cityid, cityname, citycode)
  • Double-click on the cityid field of your structure, press "Search help for field"
  • In the appearing popup, define the "Search help Attachment". This is the mapping of the F4 parameter names with the components of your structure. Map all three parameters you are interested in.
  • Save and Activate.

Now, in your report, define

parameters: p_cid type zzcitydata-cityid,                   p_cname type zzcitydata-cityname,                   p_ccode type zzcitydata-citycode. 

That's it. The system will automatically provide an F4 help for p_cid, and after selecting a city, the concomitant fields p_cname and p_ccode will be filled automatically. No extra code necessary in your report.

Please given me points if it was helpfull...