cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Freight Units Types into Different Freight Order Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing TM 9.0. I am in the steel industry and we have several different delivery type interfacing from ECC to TM.  Each of these delivery types needs to be planned on seperate freight orders as these freight orders needs to trigger different shipment types in ECC.

I have split the DTR's when the are send to TM and have also managed to split the DTR's into different freight unit types.  What I am unable to do is to tell the system when using freight unit type X, then freight order type X1 should be created.  At the moment it is using the default freight order type when creating the freight order.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eric_osterroth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

to solve the issue you could try the following:

1. The straight foward solution would be to create incompatabilities between the different FU types. This will make sure in the optimizer, that different FUs types are not combined.

2. Use in the planning profile a condition to determine the FO type based on the FU type.

An other alternative would be to create different selection profiles (selction based on the FU type) and combine this with different planning profiles (with different default FO typs).

Rgds,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understood, but I looked at the different standard incompatabilities in TM and I couldn't find one that I could use to build the incompatability around document types. 

I looked at Freight Unit incompatabilities, Transportation order incompatibilies as well as transportation request incompatability.

eric_osterroth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

you should used incompatability type 01 in the incompatability.

If you go to post

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?forumID=401&threadID=2124418 or https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/sce/external/blog/2012/01/25/how-to-avoid-that-erp-inbound-docs-... 

you can see how to setup the system for incompatabilities.

Of course your example is much easier.

Rgds,

Eric