cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to file without ESR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

My scenario is File to file without ESR.

Scenario:

PI will pick XTAT file from particular folder by using FTPS and PI will be create file 'ZZX.MMS.SSS.intra.delv.update' on ZSO33 server by using FTP adapter.this is my scenario.  I have created configuration and working fine for single file but problem with multiple files @ a time .

For more clarification:

if a single XTAT file is put on ftps location by Intra the process is working fine.

But if multiple files are put, only the last file is getting updated in file 'ZZX.MMS.SSS.intra.delv.update' on ZSO33 server. 

Please give me approach to  how to solve the above issue & is there any OS commands for create multiple files On specific Target server @ a time when put the multiple source files @ a time.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ESR objects are no go, then you have to try using custom adapter module to achieve your requirement.

You can refer the below wiki and modify the code as per your requirement.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Dynamic+file+name+in+a+File+to+File+pass+through+scena...

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Are you trying to append all files from source to same file in target?If so use the append mode available in the adapter.

If it is the other way you want all files in target use timestamp.

The problem is because you are using same name in target  'ZZX.MMS.SSS.intra.delv.update' each time the file is getting replaced by new one.I guess thats the reason you are getting the last file.

Thanks

Swathi

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

If you want to proceed using a Pass through Scenario with standard PI properties then as suggested by Swathi, kindly proceed with either Append mode or create file using Time Stamps.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

thank you both Anand and Swathi ,

yes i am using time stamp to file name but now need Append for host file should have the data of each XTAT file.

and also need befor format of host file 

for ex: time stamp+ file name  and Append for host file should have the data of each XTAT file.

Thanks,

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your Requirement is not pretty clear..

May you please elaborate..

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

for ex :

1.Pi ll pick 5 XTACT files from source directory by using FTPS then

2. Pi ll be create one host file on target system by using FTP and that host file should have the data of each XTACT File.(here 5 XTACT files data)

for example File format is :  File name + Time stamp ..

here already we used Append for Second point so how to add Time stamp to filename .

if use Add Time stamp then how to use Append for 2 point..

Thanks,

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What I could understand is that (lets say) you need to collate 5 files in to one and then need to create a file at Target directory with Time stamp.

If this requirement is correct then the simpler way I could think of is to use BPM to collect "n" number of files or use the "Time Interval" feature in BPM to collect the files over a certain duration and then perform a mapping in PI and finally create the target file with Time Stamp.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you shankar for Ur replay.

scenario is Without ESR objects i mean no mappings..

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oops... I missed that. Then for now... If you dont get any option I guess you need to proceed with ESR...

Do post on the final solution..

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

I guess you can select the Append option in File adapter and then write a custom adapter module to add TimeStamp.

Regards,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ur req is little bit tricky, problem is when u add timestamp in a file name (under file receiver channel) every time new file will be created on target server.

So so what u can do is, maintian EOIO in sender and receiver channels + create dummy ESR objects and then using java mapping dynamically set the name of target file (something like XTACT_CurrentDate.txt) + use append mode in receiver channel, so what it will do is it will append all the files for a single day in one target file ... May be u can give a try.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you generating the target file name ?

for me it seems that you have a hardcoded target file name in the receiver  and a result file contains the latest source data file which has been processed from PI...

Check the receiver adapter file name settings mentioned..

HTH

Rajesh