cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Suggestion for flat file (csv) to Idoc approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a scenario in which we have a flat file (csv) as source and Idoc (CRM Idoc) as receiver. The each flat file consists of around 5000 service orders, Each service order has 1 Header (34 fileds), 1 Labour Item (14 filelds) and 1 Parts Item (14 fields). I have to map it with an enhanced IDoc in CRM, the approach that I have took here is Legacy-----FCC------>XI--------IDoc adp---->SAP CRM. This is asyc scenario and everyday approximately 5000 service orders will be posted to the SAP CRM. So the performance should be very good.

My question is what will be the best mapping approach to convert the Flat file to Idoc structure in this scenario. Please suggest. Helpful answer will be rewarded. 

Regards,

Partha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. if it's possible to create an XML with content conversion and then map to IDOC

then do that

2. you can try posting one by one if you only have 5000 IDOCs (this is very little - will get posted in mins)

3. if you cannot use content conversion you can do the mapping to XML with java mapping and then add a second message mapping from XML to IDOC-XML

there's nothing special to worry about in case it's only 5000 IDOCs

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for replying in no time

We are using Content Conversion in this scenario, so my understanding is that the first approach (to create an XML with content conversion and then map to IDOC) will be the correct one. Can you provide some link regarding the same?

Regards,

Partha

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>We are using Content Conversion in this scenario, so my understanding is that the first approach (to create an XML with content conversion and then map to IDOC)

yes - assuming the cvs has only 1 level of depth (so header and line) if there are more then one (header, line subline then you need the java mapping anyway)

>>>>Can you provide some link regarding the same?

no I cannot you need to do the search yourself on sdn there are tons of blogs on content conversion,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

As mentioned by Michal, Posting 5000 IDOCs is not a big thing. Still if you are concerned about performance or you think the count may increase then go for Proxy.

Regarding the concern over csv file, go ahead with FCC or MTB module in File Adapter. If you are looking for more details on FCC and MTB, search over SDN. Enough details are available.

Thanks

Anand

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Please read chapter 3 in the below document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0715b1d-68a6-2b10-9f8f-86c5b059c...

Regards,

Praveen.