cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from MaxDB to DB2 ( for DMS server)

krishan_yadav2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having our DMS (Document Management Server) running on Windows 2008 server with MaxDB 7.6

Now we want to migrate our DMS server from MaxDB to DB2.

Please suggest how to proceed to achieve the same.

Regards,

Krishan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

For DMS we use Content server which is based on MaxDB database only. It is not possible to migration this to anyother database like DB2/Oracle/MSSQL. Only activity which you may perform is upgrade MaxDB to higher version.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

krishan_yadav2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the piece of information.

Actually I have a customer which is already running DMS serve with MaxDB 7.6 for past 1 yr. They are facing certain issues for which SAP recommended to upgrade MaxDB version.

Now the issue is that SAP at the same time shows that the customer is not having MaxDB license. So upgraded version of MaxDB cannot be available on marketplace. Now my concern is, if this would be the case then how come the customer is running DMS for past 1yr. Now this is a weird situation. Customer wants to shift its DMS to DB2 on which ECC is running.

I came to know that while installing DMS server MaxDB license is free. Can u please give some info regarding the license for DMS-MaxDB usability.

Thanks.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

As per my knowledge MaxDB license for SAP DMS comes free. Incase you need to use MAxDB for other SAP solutions viz ECC then proabably a separate licensing needs to be done.

I would suggest to speak to SAP Account Manager for Licensing part.

Note: SAP DMS Content server shall run only on MaxDB database.

Regards,

Deepak Kori