cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace special characters in SAP R/3 itself for exraction to SPM with using function module ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Let me first give you all a quick update about my system which i am working on .

SPM 3.0

BW 7.0.1

Development has been done and everything is imported to quality for testing. Now the issue we are facing is of special characters. There are some special characters like $ * & etc which we need to replace it by space. I know that we can allow these special characters in RSKC in SPM and even by going to SE38 but i want to replace those in ECC itself so the data which comes in SPM system is cleansed one. Do you guys know any function module or a standard program through which we can accomplish this.

This is a very serious issue which we are facing since a very long time. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me on this. Points will be assigned for relevant answers.

Thank you

Best Regards

Nikunj K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member257798
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj,

If you are getting specific errors these Notes are good. (read them all for good backgrounf too.)

errors = "CONVT_CODEPAGE" try Note 1664290 - Special Characters in data load.

errors = "BRAIN 290" or "BRAIN 060" try Note 1075403 - Unallowed characters
and ALL_CAPITAL

You likely know this but ... Here are some general guide lines before loading non-English characters:

In BW you need to specify what are valid characters so that your data load does not fail because it finds an invalid character. Using transaction RSKC you can specify all the specific characters that should be allowed by the system. But you can also use special phrase ALL_CAPITAL or ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX.

Kind Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Thanks for your valuable response.

After doing thorough R&D i implemented  ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX and it got through. The issue was regarding the extra special characters in RSKC in addition to ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX which turns out to be negative when system reads from the table RSALLOWEDCHAR.

I found out that if you add ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX or ALL_CAPITAL then you don't need to add other special characters because ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX takes care of everything.

The issue has been solved and thanks to everyone for their responses.

Best Regards

Nikunj K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select lowercase letters in General tab for those Characteristics.

-Namburi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivasa

Thanks for your reply.

But the issue is regarding special characters and also we don't want the lower case letters to be extracted. Factually, we want to allow other language characters which even after adding all those in RSKC is not working.

We are loading the below as well as similar to these characters into the system coz of which the load is failing :-

ÁÉÍIÓÖÖÚÑ

How can we allow other languages data into the system while extracting from R/3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj,

If you maintained lowercase letters allow , that characteristic will allow  lowercase  letters & special too..