Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom report to show results/log of CTM run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SCM 7.I am new to APO.

I need to create a custom report to show the CTM log what we see when we goto txn OPT11,seelct an entry under the list from log display-->click on the LOG icon and then in the next screen under CTM planning run-->Explainations-->results for CTM planning run-->details.I need to know where exactly this data is stored so that I can write a custom report to show the same details.

We want to save the steps in getting to the results screen of the CTM planning run.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srm_tech S

Did you able to create report? Can you share your experience ?

Regards

Mangesh

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SRM,

Did you get a way, if yes pl share your experience.

BR

Thamizh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Typically most of log messages will be stored in the database as RAW. Please check the following tables for details.

BALHDR

BALDAT

(or search for tables as BAL*)

You can also check the program to check the CTM logs for useful pointers (t.code /sapapo/ctmaplog).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S,

I have a very similar requirement.  As we know the log in painful to read, for time being I put my own filters to the log and download it and do some manual formatting in excel. It takes me couple of minutes but the report is more meaningful to present to users.

For Ex: I filter out high demand SKUs (Usually I select 10k +) and sort the report with highest shortages and delays.Take this SKUs from Result indicator screen and filter out the explanation log so you will have a better understanding of shortages. To reconcile the numbers in Explanation log you will need to see your planning book because the explanation log only explains delays and shortages.

I hope this helps.  I will keep an eye on this thread , just in case if you figure out an ABAP way of extracting log and building a report out of it.

Thanks,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the info.I havent yet found out a way of extracting the data out of a custom report.Will share the details when I do.