cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row level security setup in BI4.0 with SAPBW

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to restrict the data from SAP BW in Webi Report based on company codes.

We are using BI4.0 SP5 and have SAP Authentication with SSO setup .

Please advice how this can be achieved without a universe using BICS connectivity.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramesh

Pretty straight forward, in BW and works IF you have SSO actually working correctly AND your OLAP connections are defined to use SSO and not a pre-defined user. 

1. rsd1 for your info object, i.e. 0COMP_CODE - check the box make authorization relevant, See Business Explorer tab, half way down

2. rsecadmin, create an authorization  that you will assign to each group to restrict on 0COMP_CODE or edit an existing one that is relevant, add entry for 0COMP_CODE. Then maintain the auth value for 0COMP_CODE to restrict to

3, assign auth to users

Done

Later

Lee Lewis

0 Kudos

Hi,

Lee is right here. Please go ahead and maintain the Data security on BW Level and NOT in/on BI4 Level.

This is the recommended way!

Regards

-Seb.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lee and Seb I will do a test with the above configuration in BW and confirm. I was confused by reading some other posts saying BW Authorization does not reflect in BI4.0 Webi.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Authorizations not reflected in webi?!  they definitely do!   webi is a consumer of data security from the source - it's all inherited.