cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Partner functions in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to know if there is a way to transfer the vendor partner linkage from ECC to SRM (7.02)? In ECC we have main vendor and then different partners associated with this in the form of invoicing party, ordering address etc. When we transfer the vendors to SRM, the main vendor to partners link do not show up in SRM or I am not sure I am looking at correct place. The requirement is to create PO in SRM for main vendor and then transmit the PO to required ordering vendor (which will be different than main).

Let me know

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't transfer vendor partner from ECC to SRM. Solution to your issue is below

Configuration- Configure vendor master partner determination schema in ECC and assign to purchase document types (in your case assign to PO doc type created from SRM)

Master Data- In ECC system, make sure to maintain vendor partner (ordering address & invoicing party) at the plant level (in case each plant have different ordering vendor)

In the SC, maintain only main vendor, when PO is created from SRM to ECC, system will determine correct ordering address vendor based on vendor master setup.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are in extended classic scenario, then you can create a custom partner function (say Ordering address) and assign it to custom partner schema in SRM which will in turn be assigned to SRM PO object BUS2201.

When a PO gets created in SRM from SC or when you manually create a PO - you can add value to this additional partner Ordering address. And of course you will then enhance your output mechanism to send the PO output to the partner chosen in ordering address.

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like either we use classic scenario to do partner determination in ECC or if we use extended classic, there will be couple of steps (additional settings, manual adding partner in PO) and may be some enhancement to sync ECC partner functions with SRM custom partner function. Little strange but not sure why SAP don't have standard process to address this common requirement