Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPLVEDC EDI IDOC causing sales order save error

former_member1379176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to modify the idoc for our order confirmations and invoices. I am modifying SAPLVEDC include LVEDCFOF to fromat the price rate in either cases or lbs depending on customer rquirements. When I debug the code, I am getting exactly what I expect in the modifications, but after adding the  code I get an error at these lines

MOVE e1edp05 TO int_edidd-sdata.
        APPEND int_edidd.

In my modification I look at ikomvd and depending on needs, either convert kbetr to cases or lbs and change kmein to the corresponding value. I then modify the line of ikomvd. After that form fill_e1edp05 is called and populates structure e1edp05 with the ikomvd data. That structure is then moved to

int_edidd-sdata and the error occurs at the above append line.

An example of the original and changed lines if int_edidd-sdata are:

Original Line:

+     Gross Value           109.92          218.67     100 LBS               USD

Modified Line:

+     Gross Value           109.92            10.09        1 CS                 USD

The error does not happen when I debug through RSNAST00, but when creating a sales order. The system actually says that it has created sales order 123456, but when going to va02 it says the order does not exist. Is there some sort of check against the idoc that throws an error if it does not match the sales order or condition record values exactly, or is there some other reason why we cannot format the data differently on the idoc than how it is entered into the system?

Any help is greatly apppreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1379176
Participant
0 Kudos

This problem is solved. Upon debugging, I set a breakpoint earlier in processsing and found that the code had been placed in a loop and was trying to change the value of a field, which resulted in an infinite loop tha caused a memory overflow exception.