cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP trial version 7.02 no ZNSP transport layer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I installed the 64bit ABAP trial version 7.02 and I have been following the weblog series by Thomas Weiss. Up to part 7(

ABAP Trial Version for Newbies Part 7: Creating a Program and a Package - An Introduction to the SAP Change and Transport System) When creating a package, the only choice I have is SAP for transport layer not ZNSP like he mentioned in his blog. And if I choose SAP as transport layer, then when creating a Request with target CL5, ABAP complains "no target CL5 for SAP transport" or something like that. Could someone shed me some light on this. I get stuck at this now. Your help is much appreciated.

Shiny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiny,

What is this CL5? Transport is configured in a way that movement happens from 1 to other? what is the SAP SID of system you installed? Is it CL5?

Please provide some more information.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

Thank you for your reply. In his weblog he only mentioned "So let us go on with our example. For our demo system you should use the transport layer znsp throughout (as already told, you also need a transport layer if want to export a development object to a file. In a later weblog we show how you export and import development objects to or from a file)."

I don't remember my SAP SID. I will check that when I get home. Thanks a bunch

The link to his weblog: http://scn.sap.com/people/thomas.weiss/blog/2007/04/17/abap-trial-version-for-newbies-part-7-creatin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that I have to create a Virtual System named CL5. What about ZNSP transport layer? thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we need to create a Virtual Machine named CL5 then create ZNSP transport layer then create a transport route. Th problem is solved.