cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHaRM - Actions are not getting trigger when changing value of custom field - CRM_UI screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing Charm in our client and added custom fields to gui of charm. Added custom fields to Business Object BUS2000116 by delegating to subtype. Set up some action methods based on custom field(Planned Release) value changes.But actions are not getting triggered based up on custom field value changes

we are able to use the planned release(custom field) in the condition editor and schedule an action based on the content of the field.  However, when I change the value of the planned release field, the original value appears to persist in the BOR object.  Even though the value was changed, the action continues to display based on the original value.  I tried logging out of the document and then returning to the document with the changed value  --  but the action continued to persist based on the original value.  When I logged off completely and logged back on again – it appears that that new value was visible to the condition and the action was not displayed. 

I have already implemented Badi container_ppf  to set the value of custom field Planned Release by using method ci_container->set_value.But not working.

What is confusing here is that when the content of the USER_STATUS field changes – it is immediately available as this is what drives the majority of the actions that change with changes in the status of the document.    Is there something that has to be done to update the content of the PLANNED RELEASE field after a change is made?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are three SAP standard solutions to enhance PPF Action conditions. Using BADI CONTAINER PPF is one of them. Using BADI EVAL_SCHEDCOND_PPF or EVAL_STARTCOND_PPF is another solution.

However, the most simplest solution is to enhance the BOR object providing context sensitive attributes which can be combined and evalutated. In most cases the enhancement can be done without development. In my opinion this solution is the most consultant friendly one.

Because I could not find any guide explaining this solution in a good  and development free manner, I created an own one. Please be free to use it too.

http://www.hybrid-eichhoernchen.de/ppf-action-condition-enhancement/

Kind regards,

Peter

PS: Yes, you need to be carful which function modules you are using because of buffering. Yes, BOR has it´s own buffering you need to bypass.