cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading MS Access database on remote server using PCO 2.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We need to connect to MS Access databse located on remote machine.

I know we can do this using pco.

I am just confused , do I need this machine to be OPC server? or we can use PCO without OPC.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ajinkya,

You do not need OPC with PCo for this.

You can use either the OLEDB source agent configured for Jet 4.0, or the ODBC source agent for 32-bit ODBC connection.  If PCo is installed on a 64-bit OS you will need to  configure ODBC connections you need to use this version of the odbc administrator: 

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you steve.

Can you please elaborate both the options in detail.

Which covers points like installation of PCo ( physical location) on remote machine or anywhere else?

How do I go about the steps ? one by one?

Thnaks in advance

Actually i am using PCo first time and currently i don have MII server to try out.So just need more clarity on this .

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajinkya,

1.  PCo is usually installed on a Server at the Plant or Site.  As long as the directory containing the database is shared and has the correct security settings PCo can connect to it over the network.

2.  The Source agent choice will depend on which version of Access database is being accessed.  Can you provide the version of the database?

3.  Steps:   1. Add the Source Agent/Pick Source system type/provide a unique Name

2.Set up the connection and test

3.  Add an Agent Instance/Pick the Source Agent Created in step 1

4.  On the Query Ports tab, check the boxes for MII and MII before 12.2and assing a unique port number to each.

When You get your MII instance installed the next step is to create an MII Destination in PCO.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you steve.

The information is very helpful.

the access database is  Access2007.

Answers (0)