cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization String cannot be retrieved from Idatainitialize

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of Migrating from SAP IDM 7.1 to 7.2  . As part of initial Steps , Oracle & BASIS team has executed the Migration Steps as per Migration Guide & provided System to Security Team .

In IDENTITY Center >> WINDOWS RT Connection Set up , we are not able to Open ADO Connection Set up . It is providing below mentioned Error when we try to open ADO Connection Set up .

Run Time Error :

Format of the Initialization String does not confirm to OLEDB Specification .

Also we are not able to open any of the Imported Jobs from 7.1 Platform . System is returning following Error Statements .

Adding DSE Job to Folder failed :

Source : ORAOLEDB

PLS_00201 : IDENTIFIER MC_EDIT_STATUS must be declared .

Can any one provide some insight in to this Error Statements please

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Jerry,

Retested migration from 7.1 to 7.2SP7p0 release and it worked as it should. MMC works fine as well, so my previous comment will remain deleted.

Br,

Chris

Message was edited by: Per Krabsetsve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which driver are you using for Oracle?  Make sure it's the thin client and that it matches your current version of Oracle.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt ,

We are not able to open ADO Connection String . From Windows RT , when we click on Connection String option above message shows up .

Format of the Initialization String does not confirm to OLEDB Specification .

In the case of JAVA RT String we are able to connect , but it is not working in the case of Windows RT String

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jerry,

Is this a new mmc install? Have you done an update? If you are using the correct driver (thin) and version (check with DBA if uncertain) Try uninstalling and reinstalling the IDM design time component. Also has your version of Java changed?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Identity Center 7.2 SP7 installed on Wndows 2008 R2, with Oracle Client 10.2.03 32-bit as that was the version I could get installed. The components I selected for installation are Oracle Database Utilities, SQL Plus, Oracle JDBC/THIN Interfaces, Oracle Administration Assistant for Windows, Oracle Objects for OLE, Oracle ODBC Driver, Oracle Provider for OLE DB, and Oracle Net.

These are the components we have used for our existing 7.1 landscaped successfully for several years.

With this migration from 7.1 to 7.2 we are getting unexpected errors after finally getting the database migrated.

The Java installed is jdk1.7.0_11 and jre7. I later read that for IDM 7.2 with SAP Netweaver 7.0 systems we should be using Java 1.4.2 so I installed j2sdk1.2.4_19.

Let me know if you need any other details to assist us in resolving this error.

We do not know what table or view does not exist. Our DBA does not know what do look for. We have no log that tells us where to look.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt ,

In Addition to Denise Comments above , i need to add few cases .

1) We are in the Process of Migration from 7.1 to 7,2 Mode  . We are still in SAP v7.1 Compatibility Mode .

2) We have connected to Oracle with below mentioned ID's

SAP IDM Connection String : MXMC_ADMIN

Windows RT   : MXMC_RT

JAVA RT        : MXMC_RT

After connecting the same when we click on any of the Links below in Management Console we are getting above mentioned Error ;

Ex : System Log

Dispatcher Log

Job Log

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of things I see here:

Have you run the database update script?

I'm seeing you are running Java 7 / Java 1.4.  On the system running the MMC / Dispatchers, please try SUN/Oracle Java 6, do not use SAP Java for the moment. (Get everything working first) Make sure you use 32 bit

I see you referencing Oracle 10 client, I assume you're using an Oracle 10 database and you can connect to the database using Net Manager or an SQL client?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the Oracle DBA run the schema updates again after I did the database migration.

Following your advice, I had to uninstall the Java 7 so that Java 6 would install. I installed 1.6.38 JDK 32-bit. Reconfigured Identity Center to point to this java. We still get the same 00942 error.

I figured out how to query our linux server for the oracle version of our database. 

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production

-------------------------------

I happen to also have the 11.2 Oracle client 64bit installed on the windows server on the E drive as a precaution. decided to experiment and added the classpath to the 11.2 into the identity center this last time and we still get the 00942 error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt ,

We asked DBA to do a System restore & execute DBA Scripts as mentioned in the Migration or Upgrade Task List . Now we are in Compatibility Mode ( V7.1 ) . System is still throwing out Error like " Table does not exist" when we click on any Job or Dispatcher or any System log file available .

Our JAVA Connection Options are listed below :

Path to JAVA.exe : C:\Program files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_38\bin\java.exe

Path to JVM.DLL: C:\Program files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_38\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

JDBC DRIVER Info : C:\oracle\ora102\jdbc\lib\ojdbc14.jar

JDBC Driver Name :

com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver;com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver;com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB;org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver;sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver;oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver;COM.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver;COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver

Can you please any insight on this ORACLE Error we are getting here .

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the option of clearing the database data?  There's a job template for this.

The only the data is cleared, tasks, workflows, jobs, repositories are all kept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like its something you should register a ticket for. There's a few things you can check first and provide with the ticket though.

If you can, download debugview from MS/Technet (google debugview, 1st hit). It should log the SQL Statements that the management console is executing, so go to a problem area to generate the error and see if something is logged. You might see the problem there directly, but in case you dont attach the debug trace to the ticket as a ZIP/RAR/other archive.

Also check the logfile from the schema install/update. Specifically verify that the synonym creation didnt report errors. The _ADMIN, _RT & _PROV users needs synonyms for each of the _OPER owned tables and views. If this has failed any other user than _OPER will fail to see the tables. If you log into SQLPlus or SQL Developer as the RT user you can run:

SELECT synonym_name, table_owner, table_name FROM user_synonyms;

This should list about 800 entries (if you dont have default rowlimit set on the client). If it turns out this is what has failed it should be fairly simple to sort out.