cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDFAction for SAP MII 14.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to Generate Documentation for a transaction using PDFActions in SAP MII 14.0 .

I followed the SAP Note 1325997 and uploaded all the required Jar files

with the exact version listed in the note.

I closed and opened the workbench and restarted the server as

well to rule out any other caching possibility .

I see a "PDF Action" in the Actions tab of the transactions which has

all the related PDF action blocks and also I see "Generate

Documentation" in the Transactions Menu option is enabled but when I

click on it nothing happens. I dont see any Netweaver logs when I click the Generate Documentation option .

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Naresh agarwal,

<removed by mod>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

I tested the PDF Actions in MII 14.0 and I can confirm that it works fine. Check if you have followed the following steps

Follow the steps as mentioned below.

1. Download PDFActions.jar as per SAP Note 1109054.

2. Download iText 1.4.5 from http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/i/Downloaditext145jar.htm

3. Download iTextAsian (Latest Version) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/itext/files/

extrajars --> extrajars 2.0.zip

After you unzip the files take only itext-asian.jar

4. Rename itext-1.4.5.jar to iText.jar

5. Rename itext-asian.jar to iTextAsian.jar

6. Zip all the three files (PDFActions.jar, iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar) to one zip file and name it PDFActions.zip

Final Step --> upload and deploy the zip file PDFActions.zip in MII custom Actions.

If, this are the steps you followed, then I would advice you to close the workbench (incase if its open), delete the custom action using the delete button in screen, click on deploy All, now upload the custom action again and click deploy all again

--Tufale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tufale,

I followed the exact instructions and I can see the PDF Actions in the Action tab of transcations.

When I click on th e"Generate Documentation" from the Menu nothing happens. Can you tell me how did u test to see everyhting works.

Thanks,

Naresh Agarwal,

<removed by mod>

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naresh,

Publishing of contact info (in this case your cell no) is not something that is approved of and I would request you to kindly note the same in the future and take the same off your signature.

Warm Regards

Abesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are the steps I followed

1. Packaged the following items with exact names

PDFActions, iText.jar,iTextAsian.jar. For iText.jar--> you can double click it, a swing window would open, at the right most corner is the Help Menu, check the version, it should be 1.4.5. The PDFActions.jar is downloaded from SAP Note 1325997 . I guess its the latest version, the catalog.xml in PDFActions.jar is dated at 12/08/2010 .

2. Kept the Package name as PDFActions.jar

3. Closed the open workbench (incase its open)

3. uploaded the archive in MII's custom Action screen, by choosing upload assemble. Then clicked on deploy all.

4.  opened the workbench by clicking on "Workbench" link from MII's Admin screen.

5. Workbench opens, I opened an existing transaction.

6. From Transaction Menu in menu bar, I click on generate documentation, It works just fine and gives me a PDF.

These are the steps I followed.

Answers (0)