cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check text value against some text pattern in BRF+?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi brf+ experts,

How to check text value against some text pattern in BRF+?

For example: I want to check that First name = "Hello world" against pattern "+ell++w*d", and get true?

thanks,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

You can use the "matches pattern" operator within a Rule, Boolean, Value Range or many other types of Expressions. Here is an example of how your pattern could be used in a Rule expression:

If you need more info on the "matches pattern" operator or any comparison operator then you could try this SAP Help link.

Kind Regards

Glen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks a lot for this info!

But in the case from above there are some program's limitations.

So, I try to configure Business rule (BR) for automating monitoring in SAP GRC Process Control 10.0. This system uses BRF+ formula expression engine for this BR.

Example of formula for BR in Process Control (formula in this example doesn't work):

Therefore, are there any possibilities to compare text with pattern in formulas?

Thanks for your help. Also I'll try to solve this problem with the suggested approach through BRF+ workbench.

Alexander.

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know the GRC integration well enough. So could you please show how the UI looks like when you use the button "Switch to Normal Mode"?

I the BRFplus formula you can insert expressions. E.g. youo may create a new Value Range expression which allows you to do what Glen suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no helpful difference between Normal and Expert mode in the UI. Normal mode is like readonly mode of UI. Expert - like change mode.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all!

I used the "matches pattern" operator within Boolean type of Expressions. And insert this expression to my formula through BRF+ workbench.

Kind Regards

Alexander