cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Logon to SAP System PRD failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are migrating our production server from windows 2003 R2 platform to windows server 2008 R2 platform.The System is SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 and we're using the export import method using sapinst.

The installation is failing on the "Check DDIC Password" phase with the following message.

" Test logon to SAP System PRD failed.

SOLUTION : Make sure that the system is started,that the user DDIC exists and that the password of user DDIC is correct

"

We have verifying the password is correct and the system is indeed up.

We however cannot logon to the system SAPGUI issue the following message :

"SAP System Message:

Program SAPMSSY30    n "

We have tried to redo the export and import several times but still experience the same error.All prerequisites activities have been performed on the source system and target system.We have upgraded the kernel on the target system to the same level as the source system

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had similar issue while installing system on windows 2008 R2.

For system installation / System copy of windows 2008, the original kernel cannot be used.  Refer to these notes and do the kernel upgrade. It should work.

Note 1486772 - SAP Systems on Windows Server 2008 R2

Note 1480785 - Creating a Modified Windows Kernel DVD

Regards,

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP notes are quite informative , i will try-out  the recommendations ,will get back to you afterwards .Thanks in advance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved by following through the sap-notes.Mudasir's recommendation resolved my issue and the installation has completed .

Thank you all for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

The DDIC user of the installation is trying to login to the target system. At this phase of your export/import the target system is built and you can log in using sap*. Please check that the DDIC user is unlocked, and then reset the password to the one which you have given during the time you provided input to the SAPINST tool before starting the export/import.

This should solve your issue.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manas

Like i said above we cant login to the system,with the above error message on SAPGUI.

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got the same message when try to export with sapints .

Have you consider the homogeneous copy method??

As far as know upgrade your windows its not possible at same place but you can do  a fresh installation at new server and then restore the production database.

Cheers