cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM implementation dependency on OS/DB migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning for NW IDM implementation and OS/DB Migration to happen in next 2 years. I wish to know can we go with IDM implementation first and than OS/DB.  I am concerned If we implement IDM first later there will be issues when Database and OS will be migrated.  Also we have EHP6 upgrade aligned in near future.

My personal suggestion was to have OS/DB and EHP6 completed first before IDM implementation so not to have any issues connectivity issue later for IDM.

Please suggest your thoughts.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

the main check is to ensure that your installed version of IDM supports the DB you will be migrating to. Also the IDM runtime is only supported on certain OS releases.  Otherwise the DB/OS migration should not pose any issues. Check the PAM for current supported releases.

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer,

Based on my experience no matter what you move your SAP implementation to,  put IDM on MS SQL if possible.  It's almost always the most stable DB platform for IDM.  I think you'll find that it's the best documented and supported database option.

Of course, I recognize that there are realities that dictate you not using MSSQL (OS choices, licensing, etc)  This is just my opinion.

Good luck!

Matt